Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small businesses thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and the United States, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
In the last year, we have made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the World, moving from a single country operation in Australia to a successful launch and operation in the US. We also launched major partnerships with eBay and Shopify. We have bold ambitions to grow and this role will be key to our success.
Who you are
You are keen to detail and meticulous about writing basics like punctuation and grammar. You’re a cross-functional individual who can marry the concepts of Search Engine Optimization with Content Creation. With basic to intermediate background on SEO, you will support the SEO Team Lead and Head of Digital in organic customer acquisition strategies through blog posts and write ups that can attract and convert organic traffic.
This role will bank on your strong background and proven expertise in copywriting. You are able to create content that is specific to key communication and search objectives. You can pick up an established voice and tone and run with it in your writing, using discretion for the audience, medium and situation.
This role is hands-on, carrying a wide range of the on-site SEO aspect, from ideation, content development, content optimization, editorial review, publication, and tracking. Together with the SEO team, you will work towards ranking and optimizing website pages and other platforms through strong and sustainable SEO efforts.
What you’ll do
- Write and edit a variety of content including articles, blog posts, guides, and other search-optimized text.
- Stay informed and up-to-date on emerging and existing industry trends and topics that are relevant to the search behavior of our target market.
- Utilize SEO best practices to ensure all content is optimized and supports organic traffic objectives.
- Partner with the marketing team on omnichannel content planning to share stories that articulate Sendle’s brand narrative, and illustrate positive branding.
- Take part in the editorial process in reviewing and optimizing new and existing content.
- Learn and master various content SEO tools to produce quality content (Surfer SEO, etc)
- Perform keyword and topic research for general web pages, blog articles, and outreach pitches.
- Craft recommended Titles, Meta Descriptions, and Image Alt tags for web pages and articles.
- Align content-driven goals with the other SEO aspects for large-scale ad hoc projects (anchor texts for links, website projects, etc.)
- Over the course of performing duties, identify additional opportunities for process/content streamline.
- 15 days of vacation leave
- 15 days of sick leave
- HMO on day 1 + 1 dependent
- Birthday day off
- Fun Budget to celebrate events
- Internet allowance
- Coffee allowance
- Remote work allowance
- Working with an awesome team
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Legally, we need you to know this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
But it’s important to us you know this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you!