Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small businesses thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and United States, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
We envision a world where small businesses can compete on a level playing field with the big guys. Sendle is a fast-growing business with bold ambitions and big dreams.
In the last year alone, we’ve made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to successful launch and operation in the US. We also launched major partnerships with eBay and Shopify recently, too!
But most importantly, we’re a bunch of good people doing good work. Wanna join us?
What you’ll do
As Sendle grows to a global brand we need to take our brand, graphics, and production to the next level. We are looking for someone to bring a high-quality style to our brand and output.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Created and maintained the Sendle style icons and illustrations.
- Designed blog post assets (photos and icons /illustrations) for publishing
- Designed an e-newsletter asset to go to our rapidly growing customer base
- Sourced imagery and designed social posts
- Created infographics for a media release
- Created animations or motion designs for product and marketing
- Designed a downloadable PDF ‘How to’ guide for Sendle customers
- Managed HubSpot pages with any content and design changes
- Managed own Trello board for incoming requests from global teams
- Involved in campaign ideation process and brainstorming
- Participated in creative and design jams with the whole design team
- Showcased any projects or creative design outputs on WIP meetings
- Shared a virtual coffee with your manager and caught up on an ongoing initiative.
What you’ll need
You’ll need strong conceptual and design skills with a background in graphic and illustrations design. You will need to be comfortable working in digital publishing environments like marketing landing pages, blogs, eDMs, and social media, you’ll be an expert with Adobe Creative Suites and quick to learn new tools. You’ll need to establish, maintain and promote design guidelines and standards of the company’s branding and design system. You also need to have great creative judgment, an ability to learn fast, and enthusiasm for collaborating with a talented and high-performing team.
Creative judgement: We are committed to building remarkable products, remarkable services and a remarkable brand. We have clear brand guidelines with plenty of room for creative expression but you’ll need to have good taste and excellent creative judgement.
A talent for work that works: We believe in beautiful, well executed creative work. We also believe that great creative work works. Sendle uses Hubspot’s software to manage much of our marketing communication and we have a clear results focus. You’ll need to have an understanding of marketing automation software (or be willing to learn fast!) and understand how to leverage technology to measure and increase the performance of creative work.
Things we need you to make: We need to produce assets and designs on a regular basis to build the Sendle business. There is plenty of diversity and challenge in this role and we’ll need your help to make things like icons and illustrations library, GIFs, edMs, e-newsletters, infographics, image libraries, key visuals and social posts.
A great team player. You are confident in your abilities to work with a top flight team. The Sendle team is super-smart, super-nice and super-good at working together as a team. You’ll need to be open, curious, playful and productive to be a good fit and successful contributor.
- Superior illustrator, typographic, layout and art direction skills.
- Exceptional digital graphic design skills.
- Excellent creative judgment.
- Outstanding execution of creativity.
- Unique and outstanding design principles.
- Expert in Adobe Creative suite particularly Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or After Effects
- Smart, quick witted and willing to learn fast in understanding marketing automation software.
- Background in HubSpot, eCommerce, SaaS or broader business is a PLUS
- Clear understanding of UI / UX design is a PLUS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Tech Savvy and Resilient.
- Great attention to detail.
- Growth mindset and strong collaborator working effectively with a diverse team.
Note: Backup your awesome personality w/ a mind-blowing portfolio!
What we’re offering
- The chance to do the best work of your career with a collaborative/creative/supportive team
- Support to work flexibly and from home on agreed days and months
- 15 days of paid holidays
- 15 days of sick leave
- Your birthday day off
- Private medical insurance
- Highly competitive salary
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Legally, we need you to know this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
But it’s important to us you know this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.
Learn more about us.