We are looking for a motivated, purpose driven, self-starter President of North America who is excited by taking on and leading the vision for Sendle’s future development in the United States, builds strong relationships with our strategic partners and can seamlessly drive success working with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to accomplish bold things.
A bit about us
Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small businesses thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corporation and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in the United States and Australia, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small business.
We have made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the World, moving from a single country operation in Australia to a successful launch and operation in the US. We also launched major partnerships with eBay, Shopify and Poshmark to better serve our customers. This role will be key to our success as we continue to expand into new markets, launch new products, grow and scale our teams.
Sendle has recently raised US$35m to continue to build out its US business while accelerating growth in Australia and expanding into more countries. We are now looking to strengthen our local team through the appointment of an exceptional General Manager to lead our US operations.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and commercially-minded executive with a proven background in scaling technology platforms. As Country Manager for the US, you will lead the United States’ first and only 100% carbon neutral national courier service, growing our network and scaling the business to meet our ambitious goals through direct acquisition and partnerships.
You will succeed by strengthening and building commercial relationships and continuing to develop our strong Sendle brand. You will show significant collaboration and influence to bring all of our central functions together to maximise growth opportunities and cement Sendle as the leader in its sector.
Reporting to the CEO, the position is accountable for the strategic direction, P&L and day-to-day operations of the US business. You will play a leading role in building the organization and overall engagement with local partners as well as key stakeholders in the broader ecosystem. Finally, you will champion our purpose in the United States, helping tens of thousands of small businesses to thrive while accelerating our shift to a zero-carbon future.
A bit about the role
- Lead the vision for the future development of Sendle in the US and have the drive to see it happen
- Own the strategy for the US, working collaboratively with functional VPs and Directors to deliver on our medium term strategy
- Being a champion for the US business for Sendle Globally
- Understand clients’ needs & desired solutions
- Understand competitive product in the marketplace
- Determine points of differentiation
- Market sizing, pricing & packaging, etc.
- Form relationship with strategic business partners
- Leverage market and sales data to build commercially-sound strategy and drive product investment decisions
- Ownership of the US P&L, including growth and EBIT
- Ensure deep alignment with key US partners to deliver growth outcomes
- Deliver growth targets in partnership with the marketing and sales teams through US marketing campaigns and strategic allocation of marketing dollars
- Support the network team to build out of the US courier network to improve on key measures of quality, speed and margin
- Work with our product team to ensure that we are building products that create true value for our merchants through championing customer needs
- Partner with our support team to delight our customers and drive constant improvement in the way we serve our senders and receivers
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on messaging, points of differentiation, segmentation, etc
Operations & Leadership
- Champion Sendle’s Purpose and 5H Culture in the local market
- Spokesperson for Sendle in the US market for PR
- Day-to-day leadership of our US operations to ensure that US-focussed teams work effectively together
Let’s talk about you
- You will have a deep understanding of eCommerce and the ability to pursue a long-term strategic vision while being flexible to respond to new opportunities
- The role requires an in-depth blend of people, commercial, product and business skills and experience, this translates to someone who is comfortable working across and with high levels of complexity, as well as leading through influence
- You will have a natural strength in developing and maintaining commercial partnership relationships and experience in scaling a technology-based business
- Working in a global organization, you thrive in a cross-functional environment, are an exceptional communicator and have strong stakeholder management capabilities
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Legally, we need you to know this
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
But it’s important to us you know this
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it. If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.