Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in the United States and Australia, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
Sendle is a fast-growing business with bold ambitions and big dreams. In the last year alone, we’ve made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to successful launch and operation in the US. We also launched major partnerships with eBay and Shopify recently, too!
But most importantly, we’re a bunch of good people doing good work. Wanna join us?
What you’ll do
- Be the voice of our brand. You’ll develop a deep understanding and empathy for our audiences, as well as the brand objectives, and develop engaging content across all our channels. You’ll own, evolve and champion our tone of voice in everything we do.
- Partner with the marketing team on omnichannel content planning, to share stories that articulate Sendle’s brand narrative, and illustrate a world where creativity thrives and the best ideas win.
- You’ll work with a cross functional team to develop copy for marketing campaigns and evergreen initiatives spanning emails and landing pages to longer form blog posts, bylines and eBooks. You’ll also develop high quality thought leadership articles.
- You’ll help us build a network of quality freelance writers, and you’ll manage the creation of new content - from briefing the initial concept to editing and finalizing for publication.
- Write for consumer, small business, and industry audiences (eCommerce, logistics, tech/startup ecosystem).
- Work with SEO team to ensure all content is optimized and supports organic traffic objectives.
What you’ll need
Working remotely, you’ll have a strong ability to work autonomously, but also collaborate effectively with a virtual team. Your writing style is naturally warm, clear and friendly – and you’re excited about helping our customers send parcels across the world.
Meticulous about all the writer things like punctuation and grammar, you’re a cross-functional word person who is just as comfortable writing for user interfaces and emails as you are writing for marketing sites and blog posts. No matter where it appears, you have a knack for adapting your style to suit different audiences, mediums and situations – and for creating human conversations with our customers.
- You have a degree in communications or related discipline (journalism, marketing, public relations).
- You have applied experience in UX writing / content design.
- You’ve got a strong background in digital copywriting.
- You have a portfolio of work writing for digital products and across different platforms.
- You can pick up an established voice and tone and run with it in your writing, using discretion for the audience, medium and situation.
- You’re curious about humans, and can interpret research and data to solve problems with words.
- You have a knack for translating complex logistical terms into language that’s easy (and fun!) to read.
- You get a kick out of collaborating with others (even if you’re remote) to get the best outcomes for Sendle customers.
- You don’t mind juggling multiple projects, managing expectations and working within deadlines.
- You’re a bit of a stickler for spelling and grammar.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and iterating to a solution when there is no clear path or answer.
- You are comfortable to raise your hand for help and seek other opinions when you get stuck.