We’re looking for an outstanding people leader to hit the ground running on building our US People Operations, end-to-end recruitment, and championing our culture
Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and the United States, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
In the last year, we have made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the World, moving from a single country operation in Australia to a successful launch and operation in the US. We also launched major partnerships with eBay and Shopify. We have bold ambitions to grow and this role will be key to our success.
What you’ll do
We're looking for a passionate and results-oriented People leader to join our team as we continue to grow globally. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to continue to make Sendle best-in-class when it comes to attracting and growing our people. Reporting directly into our Chief People Officer, you will have the autonomy and support to architect and deliver a People strategy that attracts, closes and nurtures diversity of dynamic talent. You will be responsible for all things HR, from optimizing talent acquisition and rewards and recognition to making sure that we’re compliant with federal and local laws and navigating any people issues that may arise. Growth typically comes with a range of fun and meaningful challenges, and you will tackle them with passion and excitement.
As a hands-on director, you'll join an exciting and ambitious people function that is raising and setting the bar on all things employee experience. The ideal candidate will be energized knowing they are the face of the People function will make sure Sendle is the place where people can do the best work of their careers. You’ll be using your IQ, EQ and initiative, rolling your sleeves up, developing and executing on a plan to identify the best people in the market and make Sendle irresistible to them.
You will support and coach people managers to lead their teams in line with our 5Hs and contribute to activities that help our team identify their learning or skill gaps, expand their learning mindset and grow as professionals and leaders. You will be a custodian and champion of our culture.
What you’ll need
You’ll need to be an exceptional people professional with an exemplary record in building People Operations functions and recruiting.
- Lead the P&C strategy for the US Team by working closely with Leadership to identify priorities for the business
- Design and adjust P&C programs and processes to support local business needs
- Energize employee relations and help to maintain our culture as we scale
- Provide guidance to leaders and managers by offering thoughtful coaching and mentoring
- Be an integral part of driving out our Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging agenda globally
- Compile, analyze and capture insights from data to support business decisions
- You’ll have a proven ability to identify and attract ‘A list’ talent and an extensive recruitment network
- You’ll hold your own, challenge, coach and influence others. You won’t be afraid to speak up when you need help.
- You’ll also need to be a quick learner of tools like Slack, Google apps, trello, miro and Zendesk
- You’ll need to be optimistic, someone who is diligent, self-directed, collaborative and has a 'never give up’ attitude.
- You’ll also need:
- 5+ years of HR / People Operations experience, preferably in a high-growth tech environment
- Demonstrates P&C experience as a strategic, senior leadership partner, across multiple teams
- Comfortable using advanced executive coaching techniques to make recommendations across opposing and equally critical business needs
- Experience in a global environment/scaling teams - a plus
- High level of motivation, initiative, professionalism and a growth mindset
What you’ll get
- A chance to do the best work of your career with a collaborative team
- Support to work flexibly and remotely
- 20 days of paid holidays
- 10 days of sick leave
- 401k Match
- Private medical insurance
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Legally, we need you to know this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
But it’s important to us you know this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.