About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is committed to bringing life-changing treatments to patients by harnessing millennia of evolution to program human cells both within and to the cell. Senda’s proprietary platform is the first to leverage a universal chemical addressing code of natural nanoparticles that enable cross-kingdom intercellular communication. This platform unlocks comprehensive programming of medicines for the first time, allowing Senda to develop a new class of SendRNA™ medicines focused initially on powering new frontiers in immunology mRNA-based therapies, with future applications employing other information molecules, including siRNA, gene editors, proteins, and peptides. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering.
- Design and optimize novel formulations for nucleic acid (mRNA, siRNA, DNA, etc.) delivery, while providing critical input on our overall formulation strategy
- Develop and validate analytical methods for cargo and formulations
- Develop novel in vitro and in vivo assays for evaluating functionality, targeting efficiency and potency of novel delivery modalities for oral and systemic administration
- Execute experiments that will serve as the basis for the company’s ongoing platform and intellectual property development
- Develop novel methods to help advance our understanding of nanoparticle mechanism of action.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across Senda, collaborators and CROs to progress candidates from discovery through IND-enabling studies.
- Manage multiple experiments, projects, and interactions with supporting functions simultaneously
- Interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data
- PhD. in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, or related discipline, with at least 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience, in academic, or industry settings
- Demonstrated strong background in developing diverse formulations
- Experience with in vivo delivery of nucleic acids and proteins
- Strong disposition for physicochemical and biophysical analytics including assay development
- Proficiency in analytical techniques such as differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), X-ray diffraction (XRD), TGA, SANS, SAXS, FTIR, HPLC, DSC, GC, Mass spectrometry, DLS, zeta potential, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry etc. is preferred
- Execution-focused, team-oriented, and highly motivated, with strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines
- Strong verbal, written communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative environment
- Preferred: 3 years of postdoctoral experience +1 year of biotech industry or 3 years of independent research experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.