Senda Biosciences, Inc. is committed to bringing life-changing treatments to patients by harnessing millennia of evolution to program human cells both within and to the cell. Senda’s proprietary platform is the first to leverage a universal chemical addressing code of natural nanoparticles that enable cross-kingdom intercellular communication. This platform unlocks comprehensive programming of medicines for the first time, allowing Senda to develop a new class of SendRNA™ medicines focused initially on powering new frontiers in immunology mRNA-based therapies, with future applications employing other information molecules, including siRNA, gene editors, proteins, and peptides. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Senior/Principal Scientist to join us in developing our transformative SendProt platform. Successful candidates should be highly organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and capable of working closely with an interdisciplinary team. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health.
- Work with a growing team of scientists to successfully translate our SendProt platform from discovery to development
- Optimization of oral nanoparticle delivery systems to achieve superior efficacy, safety, potency, and durability
- Establish, maintain, and be accountable for critical timelines pertaining to platform advancement
- Work cross-functionally with research organization to prioritize, optimize, and nominate development candidates, design, and execute IND-enabling animal studies across disease indications, and establish scalable manufacturing process with analytical characterization
- Interpret complex biological in vitro and in vivo data
- Propose and drive new therapeutic demonstrations of the platform
- Stay up to date in the field of delivery, identify possible collaborations, and present key information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage both internal and external resources, including but not limited to CRO’s, collaborations, and partners
- Generate new intellectual property and execute against existing intellectual property portfolio
- Be the champion for the SendProt platform within and outside of Senda by building on our collaborator and KOL network
- PhD. in an appropriate biological, chemical, or engineering field with a minimum 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Broad experience in nanoparticle- or peptide- based delivery including natural and synthetic nanoparticles for oral and other routes of administration
- Prior experience with high-throughput formulation screening in vivo and in vitro
- Expertise in peptide therapeutics for metabolic disease
- Experience with oral delivery of protein-based therapeutics
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.