About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is committed to bringing life-changing treatments to patients by harnessing millennia of evolution to program human cells both within and to the cell. Senda’s proprietary platform is the first to leverage a universal chemical addressing code of natural nanoparticles that enable cross-kingdom intercellular communication. This platform unlocks comprehensive programming of medicines for the first time, allowing Senda to develop a new class of SendRNA™ medicines focused initially on powering new frontiers in immunology mRNA-based therapies, with future applications employing other information molecules, including siRNA, gene editors, proteins, and peptides. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative Scientist, to join the Chemistry Department for research in the field of lipid nanoparticle (LNP) technology. As a key member of the Chemistry team this person will design and synthesize novel lipids and closely collaborate with Formulations, Analytics, Biology and Process Development Groups. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health.
- Design and synthesize novel lipids to advance SendRNA platform.
- Lead synthesis, scale-up and analytics efforts both internally and at partner CRO organizations.
- Work closely with our formulation and biology teams to assess novel lipids in vitro and in vivo and incorporate new data in the design cycle.
- Contribute to CMC aspects as it relates to novel lipids.
- Develop novel methods to characterize lipids and help advance our understanding of the relationship between lipid structure, properties and LNP function.
- PhD in Chemistry or related discipline, with at least 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience in academic or industry settings.
- Experience in lipid chemistry for RNA delivery is preferred, but not essential.
- Demonstrated strong synthetic chemistry expertise.
- Proficiency in analytical techniques such as HPLC, Mass spectrometry, and NMR.
- Team-oriented, execution-focused, and highly motivated, with strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines.
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative environment.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.