Senda Biosciences, Inc. is committed to bringing life-changing treatments to patients by harnessing nature’s code to program human cells—both from within and from outside—for targeted, potent, and tunable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes an mRNA engine and the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life—accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines for infectious, genetic, metabolic, and autoimmune diseases, as well as oncology and powering new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines and gene-editing and protein-based therapies. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Associate Scientist to join the Translational Biology group at Senda Biosciences in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team of biologists, engineers, data scientists, and chemists, the candidate will perform in vivo and ex vivo studies, develop and apply immunological methods to support Senda’s efforts to leverage and build out Senda’s unique platform. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health.
- Work with scientists across different disciplines to design and perform in vivo studies for supporting multiple platforms/programs.
- Hands-on execution of in vivo experiments – including but not limited to, dosing by various administration routes (IV experience is a must), blood collections, necropsies, and tissue harvest.
- Routinely conduct PK and PD studies, microsurgeries and IVIS imaging and accurately document dosing times, volumes, body weights and clinical observations.
- Isolate mouse samples and assist in tissue processing for use in various immunological assays such as: flow cytometry, ELISPOT, and cytokine analyses.
- Perform independent data analyses, maintain detailed and well-organized electronic lab notebook and present results within the company.
- B.S in related science with 4-5 years of relevant experience or M.S with 2 years of relevant experience in Immunology or related disciplines.
- Extensive in vivo experience with various mouse models is required.
- Experience with dosing (PO, IV, SQ, IM, IP) and bleeding (tail nicks, submandibular, intracardiac) of mice is required.
- Comfortable with largely and routinely working in the animal facility.
- Prior drug discovery and development experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects and collaboratively across different teams with diverse experience.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.