About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Director, mRNA production will be responsible for owning the production, characterization, and qualification of mRNA to support Senda’s internal research efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience establishing and running robust production processes, including mRNA production and quality assessment. They will work with a team of scientists and engineers to build and run mRNA workflows with an emphasis on timely delivery of well-characterized material to research functions within the organization. This position offers a unique opportunity for individuals with process development and/or manufacturing experience to be more tightly connected to research programs.
- Work with team of scientists and engineers to scale and enhance in house mRNA production capabilities.
- Own research mRNA production from ordering to delivery, with a focus on timely delivery of well-characterized material.
- Establish standard operating procedures and processes for mRNA production, including standardized controls and quality metrics.
- Work with research informatics and information technology to enhance systems for tracking entities throughout the production process.
- PhD or Masters with 5+ years of industry experience or Bachelors degree with 10+ years of industry experience
- Deep expertise in molecular and synthetic biology, including polymerase chain reaction, in vitro transcription, and cloning.
- Demonstrated ability build reliable and robust molecular biological processes, including the institution of proper controls and quality measures.
- Experience establishing and running production processes.
- Prior experience and record of accomplishment leading cross functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change and helps others manage through change.
- Strong written, oral and public speaking communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in a regulated / controlled environment, a plus.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.