About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Support Scientist’s in conducting experiments within the Analytical Development Department for Senda’s mRNA and nanoparticle programs.
- Will be responsible for learning and executing experiments utilizing common analytical techniques including Protein Concentration, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, Absorbance, Fluorescence, Flow Cytometry, Dynamic Light Scattering, and/or Particle Size Analysis.
- Additionally the candidate may participate in protein expression and purification as needed.
- Maintain up to date laboratory notebook. Maintain laboratory inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Hours – Must be a minimum 20 hours per week up to full time, 40 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree students interested in a Co-op for the Spring term (January-June 2023)
- Enrolled in the College of Science (Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Chemistry undergrad majors) or (Biotechnology, Biotechnology experiential, Bioinformatics, Chemistry in Master’s degree).
- Candidates must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Preference is for co-ops who have already completed their first co-op.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.