About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Support chemistry group in conducting synthesis experiments.
- Responsible for learning and executing syntheses and purification of lipid-like molecules, as well as their characterization using LCMS and NMR.
- Present and discuss results in the department and to collaborators within the company.
- Hours – Must be a minimum of two days (16 hours) per week up to full time, 40 hours per week.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree students interested in a Co-op for the Spring term (January 2023-June 2023), enrolled in the College of Science (Chemistry undergrad majors or Master’s degree in Chemistry)
- Some experience with organic synthesis from lab courses and/or previous Co-op
- Candidates must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Preference is for co-ops who have already completed their first co-op.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.