About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Associate Scientist to join the Translational Biology group at Senda Biosciences in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team of biologists, engineers, data scientists, and chemists, the candidate will perform in vivo and ex vivo studies, develop and apply immunological methods to support Senda’s efforts to leverage and build out Senda’s unique platform. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health.
- Work with scientists across different disciplines to design and perform in vivo studies and ex vivo immunological assays to support multiple platforms/programs.
- Mentor and train junior RAs to perform in vivo studies.
- Study cellular and molecular mechanisms of action using in vitro/in vivo and ex vivo systems.
- Isolate mouse and tumor samples for various immunological assays for example: flow cytometry, ELISPOT, and cytokine analysis.
- Participate in designing and running mouse pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, infectious disease models and tumor studies.
- Analyze various samples using qPCR, MSD, ELISA, IVIS imaging and microscopy.
- Maintain detailed and well-organized electronic lab notebook
- B.S in related science with 4-5 years of relevant experiences or M.S with 2 years of relevant experiences in Immunology, Microbiology, Cell and Molecular Biology or related disciplines.
- 3+ years of industrial or academic experience working in an immunology laboratory is preferred.
- Extensive in vivo experiences working with various mouse models is required.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.