About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Associate Scientist , Nucleic Acid Delivery to join us in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. Successful candidates should be highly organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and capable of working closely with an interdisciplinary team. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits.
- Support formulation of nucleic acids and proteins into novel lipid nanoparticles
- Characterize and test nanoformulations using biophysical, biochemical & molecular biology assays
- Work independently to design and execute experiments
- Collaborate with multiple teams, including Discovery, Translational Biology, and Process Development
- Execute cell based experiments, and coordinate with Translational Biology team to execute in vivo preclinical experiments
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate data effectively
- Independently troubleshoot, solve - problems, and propose solutions related to experiment design and execution
- Maintain detailed and organized records of multiple simultaneous projects
- Assist with lab management tasks, including ordering and general organization
- BS or MS in a chemistry, biology or engineering-related field (minimum 6+ years of relevant research experience in academia or industry)
- Proficiency in analytical techniques (UV-Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry, HPLC/UPLC, gel electrophoresis)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Prior experiences with LNP and liposomes is highly desirable
- Familiar with molecular biology
- Familiar with mammalian cell culture and transfection
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.