About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Analytical Development Team within the Process Development and Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS) department at Senda Biosciences is responsible for development, manufacturing and establishing CMC of Senda’s Drug substance and Drug products. We are seeking to hire a highly motivated and strategic thinker to join the PDMS department at Senda Biosciences as Director of Technical Operations.
- Perform established methods and test procedures utilizing a variety of instrumentation to deliver accurate and reproducible results to meet day-to-day project needs
- Document and summarize data from lab experiments within electronic lab notebook for review and interpretation together with manager
- Communicate results and observations to other team members
- Investigate and troubleshoot unexpected results or observations
- Help to develop and implement new analytical methods for proteins, peptides, lipids, mRNA, and/or lipid nanoparticles
- Draft protocols, perform experiments, and analyze data. Summarize work in presentations and technical reports.
- Assist in ordering supplies, making reagents, and maintaining a safe and high performing laboratory.
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively across other R&D teams to advance CMC activities
- BA/BS in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical biology, or a related discipline with 2+ years of professional experience in a laboratory environment, or an MS in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical biology or a related discipline with 1+ years of professional laboratory experience
- Excellent bench skills, the ability to develop and master new techniques quickly, and be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills; and a high level of attention to detail
- Organized, detail-oriented, and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred candidates will have experience Analytical Development or Quality Control
- Prior experience with common analytical techniques including ELISA, HPLC, UV/Vis, DLS, Enzymatic Assays, Plate-based methods, Western Blot, SDS-PAGE, CE is preferred but not required
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.