About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Scientist I/ II to join the Translational Biology group at Senda Biosciences in developing a transformative platform for Senda’s programmable medicines. As a critical cross functional member of Senda Biosciences research team, the Scientist will take lead, advance the development and execution of strategies to drive forward the development of Senda’s SendRNA programmable medicines towards IND. You can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research, working as part of a cross-disciplinary team of immunologist, formulation scientist, engineers, and data scientists. This individual will be a key member of Senda Biosciences’s dynamic, expanding, and collaborative team that combines significant experience in immunology, in vivo biology, cell trafficking and targeting and/or immuno-oncology to unlock the potential of the company’s core technological platforms. We are looking for an outstanding scientist with experience in forward and reverse translational approaches to advance and expand Senda’s portfolio. Applicants ideally will have experience in multiple arms of immunology, a good understanding of in vivo models and diverse biology background. The successful candidate is both a scientist and effective collaborator, and thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment managing several projects in parallel. They will work as part of a cross-functional team of immunologist, in vivo biologist, analytical and formulation scientists, and computational biologists to establish the foundational data sets to build Senda’s pipeline and develop novel medicine for patients.
- Design and perform in vivo studies, ex vivo assays, data analysis and presentation.
- Perform in vivo (experienced in small animal handling and dosing) and ex vivo experiments.
- Develop immunological assays to support Senda’s platform and program development pipeline using diverse assay platforms such as ELISPOT, Flow cytometry, MSD, and Luminex.
- Develop and support the routine performance of a variety of immunological assays, cell-based assays, microscopy and imaging, co-cultures and ex vivo assays as well as flow cytometry panel design and execution.
- Work closely with CROs to develop assays and immunological endpoint evaluations for supporting several groups at Senda.
- Lead technical transfer of immunological in vivo assays to CROs and support life-cycle management of these outsourced assays
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across the Senda, collaborators and CROs to progress candidates from discovery through IND-enabling studies.
- Develop and implement a variety of functional assays to support immune-oncology effort, in vivo immune cell targeting and various delivery modalities.
- Support the evaluation of novel approaches and therapeutic candidates in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo
- Manage multiple experiments, projects, and interactions with supporting functions simultaneously
- Interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data
- Propose novel therapeutic targets aligned with Senda’s strategy
- Build and manage an in vivo and ex vivo
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- D. in Biology, Microbiology or Immunology or MS with 4 years of experience or BS with 6 years of relevant experiences (title commensurate with experience)
- Knowledge and experience in vaccine, immune-oncology and cell targeting.
- Some understanding of Infectious disease pathogenesis, cell trafficking, in vivo systems and immunology
- Expertise in the design and set up of a variety of serological assays, cell-based assays, and functional assays.
- Experience with dosing (PO, IV, SQ, IM, IP) and bleeding (tail nicks, submandibular, intracardiac) of mice.
- Extensive in vivo experiences working with various mouse models is required.
- Extensive technical and hands-on experience with flow-based characterization of immune and non-immune cells.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute new experimental approaches
- Excellent team spirit, communication, and presentation skills
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new avenues for evaluating anti-tumor responses, mechanism of action, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.