About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is committed to bringing life-changing treatments to patients by harnessing millennia of evolution to program human cells both within and to the cell. Senda’s proprietary platform is the first to leverage a universal chemical addressing code of natural nanoparticles that enable cross-kingdom intercellular communication. This platform unlocks comprehensive programming of medicines for the first time, allowing Senda to develop a new class of SendRNA™ medicines focused initially on powering new frontiers in immunology mRNA-based therapies, with future applications employing other information molecules, including siRNA, gene editors, proteins, and peptides. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering.
The Director, Research Informatics is a leadership role accountable for driving forward the development and implementation of Senda’s research digital backbone. The successful candidate will work across technical and scientific domains to establish a first-class, cloud-based data ecosystem, as well as drive and deliver company-wide initiatives around FAIR data management practices and governance.
The scope of responsibility includes system design, implementation, adoption, and maintenance. The successful candidate will act as the glue between wet and dry labs ensuring that digital solutions meet the acute needs of laboratory scientists, computational/data scientists and senior management while aligning with long-term strategic objectives.
- Core informatics
- Own the design, implementation, adoption, and maintenance of ELN/LIMS and reporting/analytics systems central to Senda’s research digital infrastructure facilitating entity registration, inventory, and associated results data capture
- Collaborate across the research team to establish standards around data and metadata capture
- Collaborate with scientists to create templates and informatics system configurations that harmonize with scientific workflows and facilitate structured data capture
- Own the creation of strategies to facilitate automated data capture across the laboratory, including data from lab instrumentation
- Data and Engineering
- Define data models for foundational aspects of our research (e.g., entities, assays, relationships)
- Create and maintain a process map of how data accumulates and flows into and throughout the company
- Design and own implementation of a performant, scalable, cost-effective, integrated, and secure architecture that supports the translation of raw data into information products that democratize company knowledge and speed-to-insight
- Establish agile and flexible resourcing strategies for engineering projects
- Manage vendor relationships, including selection, purchases, licensing, and ongoing management
- PhD or master’s with 5+ years of industry (life science/biotech/pharma) experience or bachelor’s degree with 8 years of industry (life science/biotech/pharma) experience
- 2+ years of building and implementing data models in and managing life science informatics systems, ideally including Benchling
- Experience with evaluating, implementing, and managing scientific data management platforms
- Demonstrated ability to lead adoption of digital tools in a research environment
- Prior experience in successfully implementing, utilizing, and leveraging external consultant management strategies
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change and helps others manage through change
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience writing medium complexity SQL queries
- Experience implementing analytics platforms for research is a major plus
- Experience following best practices in software development is a major plus.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.