About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Principal Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join the Translational Biology group as an intergral member of the in vivo pharmacology/immunology Team at Senda Biosciences in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team of biologists, engineers, data scientists, and chemists, the candidate will perform in vivo studies in rodents, develop and apply immunological methods and in vivo experiences that support Senda’s efforts to leverage and build out Senda’s unique platform. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health.
- Work with scientist across different disciplines to design and perform in vivo studies and including ex vivo assays to support multiple platforms/programs.
- Mentor and train junior RAs and Scientist to perform in vivo
- Participate in designing and running mouse pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, infectious disease, immune-oncology, and anti-inflammatory models.
- Conduct and lead the in vivo pharmacological experiments in rodents.
- Conduct and lead the ex vivo immunological plate-based assays.
- Isolate mouse and tumor tissue samples for various immunological assays for example: Flow cytometry, ELISPOT, and cytokine analysis.
- Study cellular and molecular mechanisms of action using in vitro/in vivo and ex vivo systems.
- Analyze various samples using qPCR, MSD, ELISA, IVIS imaging, ELISPOT and Flow cytometry.
- Maintain detailed and well-organized electronic lab notebook
- S in related science with 5+ years of relevant experiences or M.S with 3+ years of relevant experiences or PhD degree in Immunology, Microbiology, Cell and Molecular Biology or related disciplines.
- 3+ years of biotech experience and immunology laboratory experience is preferred
- Extensive in vivo experiences working with various mouse models is required.
- Experience with dosing (PO, IV, SQ, IM, IP) and bleeding (tail nicks, submandibular, intracardiac) of mice.
- Extensive technical and hands-on experience with flow-based characterization of immune cells.
- Strong expertise in vaccine biology, cellular immunology, immune checkpoints, cell-based immune therapies, and/or T cell biology is preferred.
- Prior drug discovery and development experience is highly preferred
- Microbiology or payload delivery in vivo research experience is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects and collaboratively across different teams with diverse experience.
- Prior training in managing and mentoring junior scientists is a plus. Personal Characteristics:
- Agility: Ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables
- Results Oriented: Self-motivated, curious, accomplishes goals with minimal oversight
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Authenticity: Ability to voice their opinion and provide insight to the broader team, even when holding a minority or “out of the box” opinion. Ability to thrive with input from a cross-functional team while remaining the unquestioned scientific expert
- Team player: Desire to routinely interact with and mentor team members
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.