About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
As a critical member of Senda Biosciences’ research team, the (Sr.) Research Associate, Discovery will assist in the development and execution of strategies to enhance Senda’s SendRNA programmable medicines, with a particular focus on bioanalytical method development and screening. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundational knowledge of chemical separation techniques and experience in LC/MS analysis. Working as part of a cross-functional team comprising, biologists, computational biologists, and analytical and formulations scientists, the candidate will contribute to the development of foundational data guiding the design of SendRNA programmable medicines.
- Oversee operation and maintenance of process critical analytical equipment
- Process samples from varied sources for analytical analysis
- Develop/implement analytical methods to meet the scientific need
- Maintain a detailed, organized, and updated electronic laboratory notebook
- Manage analytical supply inventory and reagent preparation
- Contribute to the culture of scientific excellence at Senda
- BA/BS in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical biology, or a related discipline with 2+ years of professional experience in a laboratory environment, or an MS in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical biology or a related discipline with 1+ years of professional laboratory experience
- Demonstrated application of solvent-based extraction methodologies
- Experience with LC/MS method development and validation including the ability to independently troubleshoot and propose solutions related to sample analysis
- Familiarity with the physio-chemical properties of lipids and other biologically relevant metabolites
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills; and a high level of attention to detail
- Comfort working with large sample numbers and various sample sources
- Success in juggling multiple simultaneous efforts
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- with non-MS based detection (ELSD, CAD, etc.) and alternative separation methodologies (GC, SFC, etc.)
- using Compound Discoverer, SciexOS, XCMS, etc for MS data analysis.
- with multi-omics data analysis
- with laboratory automation
- with mammalian cell culture
- using common protein bioanalysis techniques such as ELISA, flow-cytometry, HTRF, Luminex, MSD, and western blotting
- working in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology space
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.