About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
As a critical member of Senda Biosciences’ research team, the Scientist, Discovery will drive forward the development and execution of strategies to enhance Senda’s SendRNA programmable medicines, with a particular focus on messenger RNA sequence design. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundational knowledge of and experience in RNA biology and assay development. They will work as part of a cross-functional team of analytical and formulation scientists, biologists and computational biologists to establish the foundational data sets to guide the design of SendRNA programmable medicines.
- Design, execute, and analyze data from studies to establish the impact of messenger RNA (mRNA) features upon key downstream biological properties including protein production and function
- Develop bioassays to evaluate the performance of in vitro transcribed mRNA
- Conceive of and test new strategies of controlling protein production from in vitro transcribed mRNA
- Invent new strategies to improve the bioproperties of SendRNA medicines
- Contribute to the culture of scientific excellence at Senda
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, genetics, bioengineering or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel, human-based bio-assays
- Experience employing tools to probe the physical properties of mRNA (e.g. SHAPE-MaP)
- Expertise in molecular biology, including molecular cloning and in vitro transcription.
- Demonstrated experience with common protein bioanalysis techniques including ELISA, flow-cytometry, HTRF, Luminex, MSD, and western blotting
- Success in juggling multiple simultaneous efforts
- Proven track record of successfully working as part of a cross-functional team
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Experience building high-throughput, reporter-based bioassays
- Experience with assay automation
- Demonstrated ability to perform quantitative analyses using fluorescent microscopy
- Demonstrated ability to perform statistical analyses on high-dimensional data
- Experience generating and analyzing ‘omics data, including transcriptomics, lipidomics, and proteomics data
- Previous success developing novel analytical strategies to facilitate discovery
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology space
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.