About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and optimize novel lipid formulations for nucleic acid (mRNA, siRNA, DNA, etc.) and protein delivery, while providing critical input on our overall formulation strategy
- Develop and validate analytical methods for cargo and formulations
- Develop novel in vitro and in vivo assays for evaluating functionality, targeting efficiency and potency of novel delivery modalities for oral and systemic administration
- Execute experiments that will serve as the basis for the company’s ongoing platform and intellectual property development
- PhD. in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Biology, Chemistry or related discipline, with at least 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience, in academic, or industry settings
- Demonstrated strong background in developing diverse formulations
- Experience with in vivo delivery of nucleic acids and proteins
- Strong disposition for analytics including assay development
- Proficiency in analytical techniques like HPLC, DSC, GC, Mass spectrometry, DLS, zeta potential, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry etc. is preferred
- Execution-focused, team-oriented, and highly motivated, with strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative environment
- Experience with bio-conjugation
- Experience optimizing lipid formulations for long term storage stability
- Prior experience in developing lyophilized nanoparticle formulation is preferred.
- Prior experience in stability studies and analytical assays for stability evaluation
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.