Senda Biosciences, Inc. is pioneering a new field of medicine called Intersystems Biology. People are a system of systems—both human and non-human. The constant molecular exchange between the hundreds of trillions of human and non-human cells within us, such as plant and bacterial cells, defines life as profoundly as our genetics. Senda is systematically harnessing these powerful molecular exchanges—the product of millennia of co-evolution—to create new classes of programmable medicines. Built on insights from Intersystems Biology, Senda’s X-VIA™ drug development platform is the first-ever atlas of interspecies exchange mechanisms, enabling next-generation nucleic acid, genetic and protein-based therapies. These therapies will enable new frontiers for medicines, such as programmable tissue targeting beyond the liver for nucleic acid, cell, and gene therapies; tunable immunomodulation for both in vivo immune system stimulation and suppression; repeatable dosing of therapeutic modalities that were previously impossible; and multiple routes of administration, including enabling oral routes for large biomolecules for the first time.
Senda was unveiled by Flagship Pioneering in October 2020, and the company entered into a strategic collaboration with Nestlé Health Science in 2021 focused on novel nutritional therapies for a wide range of metabolic conditions. Senda is based in Cambridge, MA. For more information, please visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
This is a unique opportunity for a senior, experienced and hands-on IT leader, preferably from the Biotech or Pharma industries to take on IT leadership for a pre-clinical Biotech company at Senda. This role has responsibility for business & lab systems, IT services and infrastructure, projects, security, and partner relationships. This includes, but not limited to:
- Oversight and execution of the digital and IT-related strategy and operations
- Planning, coordination, delivery and change management for IT projects
- Creating systems roadmaps to meet strategic and operations needs of Senda
- Oversight of core IT infrastructure, services and partners
- Implementation of digital security tools and policies
- Supporting the Senda digital backbone at SG&A, Sciences and Manufacturing
- Business systems IT: Collaborate with company stakeholders to define business systems roadmaps; including data management & security, to meet strategic and operational needs of Senda
- Core IT: Responsible for implementation and operation of all site and company infrastructure, end user computing and lab systems
- Operations: Responsible for overall IT process development, documentation & oversight, e.g., user, vendor & company onboarding, offboarding, end user support, lab support, and emergency management. Also owns IT-related communication and change management
- Projects: Owns the coordination, implementation and change management of company related IT projects and programs
- Security: Lead and Coordinate on implementation of security policies
- Company key liaison with external consultants and internal customers for the digital backbone and AI enabling scientific data generation and collection architecture
- Relationships: Responsible for developing productive and strong company end user, executive, internal stakeholder, as well as vendor, and partner relationships. Also, critical to build connections and relationships with Flagship Pioneering IT and Operations teams to coordinate IT strategy and operations.
- Budget/Finance: Will work with the finance and legal teams for all IT-related budget planning, contracts and ongoing financial management for the company.
- 10+ years experience of hands-on IT management, at least 5+ in Biotech – Pharma
- Extensive and hands-on expertise in:
- Business systems requirements, roadmaps, implementation & operations in a Biotech setting – including manufacturing & clinical systems
- Lab data and device management, e.g., LIMS, ELN systems
- End user computing systems, i.e., Mac, PC, mobile devices
- Identity management, e.g., Okta
- SAAS applications, e.g., 0365, Zoom, Slack, etc.
- Meeting room technology
- Implementation of various technologies to support company wide initiatives.
- Experience with and understanding of:
- Cloud computing
- Information Security
- Experience managing technology projects
- Extensive vendor management experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Friendly, communicative, collaborative approach and style
- A degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or another related field is desirable.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.