Senda Biosciences, Inc. is pioneering a new field of medicine called Intersystems Biology. People are a system of systems—both human and non-human. The constant molecular exchange between the hundreds of trillions of human and non-human cells within us, such as plant and bacterial cells, defines life as profoundly as our genetics. Senda is systematically harnessing these powerful molecular exchanges—the product of millennia of co-evolution—to create new classes of programmable medicines. Built on insights from Intersystems Biology, Senda’s X-VIA™ drug development platform is the first-ever atlas of interspecies exchange mechanisms, enabling next-generation nucleic acid, genetic and protein-based therapies. These therapies will enable new frontiers for medicines, such as programmable tissue targeting beyond the liver for nucleic acid, cell, and gene therapies; tunable immunomodulation for both in vivo immune system stimulation and suppression; repeatable dosing of therapeutic modalities that were previously impossible; and multiple routes of administration, including enabling oral routes for large biomolecules for the first time.
Senda was unveiled by Flagship Pioneering in October 2020, and the company entered into a strategic collaboration with Nestlé Health Science in 2021 focused on novel nutritional therapies for a wide range of metabolic conditions. Senda is based in Cambridge, MA. For more information, please visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Senda Biosciences is seeking a Manager to support business development activity. This candidate will be a part of a fast-paced team working on a wide range of projects as part of Senda’s mission to develop novel medicines. The candidate will support day-to-day activities, including company and market intelligence, relationship management, development of presentation materials, and transaction support. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently to define and execute project requirements based on the company’s goals, and develop creative solutions utilizing available technology and tools.
- Support activities to include deal sourcing, due diligence, execution and integration.
- Perform competitive intelligence and analysis in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, including mapping of drug modalities, therapeutic areas, and deals.
- Manage relationships with external organizations such as partner companies and universities.
- Develop reports and presentations in support of strategic and business development initiatives, for both external and internal stakeholders.
- Synthesize data and develop recommendations to enable decision-making.
- Participate as needed in BD external partnering events (JPM, BIO, etc.) and relevant technical/scientific meetings, including preparing materials such as presentations, FAQ and related documents.
- Contribute to the execution of business development projects and ad hoc requests as necessary.
- Support project team interactions with functional representatives, including those from third parties (i.e. bankers, lawyers, accountants, buyers, and consultants, etc.).
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in corporate or business development within the biopharma industry.
- MBA plus biopharma industry experience; or
- MD / PhD in Biology / Chemistry or related discipline plus biopharma industry experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Fluency in deal structures, term sheets, and contracting. Competence in collaborating with functional partners (Legal, Finance).
- Experience presenting intricate material to disparate audiences.
- Ability to manage business initiatives through to completion and manage multiple priorities in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of patent, licensing, litigation, and other patent-related transaction terminology preferred.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.