Senda Biosciences, Inc. is pioneering a new field of medicine called Intersystems Biology. People are a system of systems—both human and non-human. The constant molecular exchange between the hundreds of trillions of human and non-human cells within us, such as plant and bacterial cells, defines life as profoundly as our genetics. Senda is systematically harnessing these powerful molecular exchanges—the product of millennia of co-evolution—to create new classes of programmable medicines. Built on insights from Intersystems Biology, Senda’s X-VIA™ drug development platform is the first-ever atlas of interspecies exchange mechanisms, enabling next-generation nucleic acid, genetic and protein-based therapies. These therapies will enable new frontiers for medicines, such as programmable tissue targeting beyond the liver for nucleic acid, cell, and gene therapies; tunable immunomodulation for both in vivo immune system stimulation and suppression; repeatable dosing of therapeutic modalities that were previously impossible; and multiple routes of administration, including enabling oral routes for large biomolecules for the first time.
Senda was unveiled by Flagship Pioneering in October 2020, and the company entered into a strategic collaboration with Nestlé Health Science in 2021 focused on novel nutritional therapies for a wide range of metabolic conditions. Senda is based in Cambridge, MA. For more information, please visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Support chromatography method development, execution, and troubleshooting.
- Manage product characterization, and stability experiments.
- Support Forced Degradation studies and impurity characterization of lipids.
- Work with senior Analytical Development staff to design and execute experiments
- Work collaboratively with Process Development/formulations teams to gather and analyze data to develop an understanding of product critical quality attributes to guide testing and process control strategies.
- Routinely perform and participate in the optimization and execution of analytical methods required to support CMC
- Occasional nonstandard work hours and travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related area with 2 to 4 years of hands-on experience, or master’s degree with 1 to 2 years.
- Proficiency with analytical assays including HPLC-UV, HPLC-CAD/ELSD, and GC
- Experience with method development for mRNA and Lipid Nano particles is a plus
- Organized, detail-oriented, and demonstrated independent thinker who continuously seeks innovative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.