Senda Biosciences, Inc. is pioneering a new field of medicine called Intersystems Biology. People are a system of systems—both human and non-human. The constant molecular exchange between the hundreds of trillions of human and non-human cells within us, such as plant and bacterial cells, defines life as profoundly as our genetics. Senda is systematically harnessing these powerful molecular exchanges—the product of millennia of co-evolution—to create new classes of programmable medicines. Built on insights from Intersystems Biology, Senda’s X-VIA™ drug development platform is the first-ever atlas of interspecies exchange mechanisms, enabling next-generation nucleic acid, genetic and protein-based therapies. These therapies will enable new frontiers for medicines, such as programmable tissue targeting beyond the liver for nucleic acid, cell, and gene therapies; tunable immunomodulation for both in vivo immune system stimulation and suppression; repeatable dosing of therapeutic modalities that were previously impossible; and multiple routes of administration, including enabling oral routes for large biomolecules for the first time.
Senda was unveiled by Flagship Pioneering in October 2020, and the company entered into a strategic collaboration with Nestlé Health Science in 2021 focused on novel nutritional therapies for a wide range of metabolic conditions. Senda is based in Cambridge, MA. For more information, please visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Support Scientist’s in conducting experiments within the Formulations Team.
- Will be responsible for learning and executing experiments utilizing microfluidics, dynamic light scattering, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry.
- Support formulation of nucleic acids and proteins into novel nanoparticles
- Characterize and test nanoformulations using biophysical, biochemical & molecular biology assays
- Hours – Must be a minimum 16 hours per week up to full time, 40 hours per week.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree students interested in a Co-op for early Jan-end of June, 2022
- Enrolled in the:
- College of Engineering (Bioengineering, or Biomedical Engineering majors)
- College of Science (Chemistry undergrad majors) and (Biotechnology, Biotechnology experiential, Chemistry in Master’s degree).
- College of Health Sciences (Biomedical Science, Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery majors in Master’s degrees)
- Candidates must have a GPA of 0 or higher
- Preference is for co-ops who have already completed their first co-op.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.