Senda Biosciences, Inc. is pioneering a new field of medicine called Intersystems Biology. People are a system of systems—both human and non-human. The constant molecular exchange between the hundreds of trillions of human and non-human cells within us, such as plant and bacterial cells, defines life as profoundly as our genetics. Senda is systematically harnessing these powerful molecular exchanges—the product of millennia of co-evolution—to create new classes of programmable medicines. Built on insights from Intersystems Biology, Senda’s X-VIA™ drug development platform is the first-ever atlas of interspecies exchange mechanisms, enabling next-generation nucleic acid, genetic and protein-based therapies. These therapies will enable new frontiers for medicines, such as programmable tissue targeting beyond the liver for nucleic acid, cell, and gene therapies; tunable immunomodulation for both in vivo immune system stimulation and suppression; repeatable dosing of therapeutic modalities that were previously impossible; and multiple routes of administration, including enabling oral routes for large biomolecules for the first time.
Senda was unveiled by Flagship Pioneering in October 2020, and the company entered into a strategic collaboration with Nestlé Health Science in 2021 focused on novel nutritional therapies for a wide range of metabolic conditions. Senda is based in Cambridge, MA. For more information, please visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
- This role will support various different business and scientific functions within Senda including Program Management, Strategy and Business Development. This role will report into the VP of Program Mgmt and support all three functions.
- Perform competitive intelligence and analysis in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries, including mapping of drug modalities, therapeutic areas, and deals
- Work closely with the executive team (e.g., head of strategy) and external experts to build and prioritize Senda’s pipeline
- Work closely with the strategy team for creating investor decks and playing an integral role in crafting Senda’s message to investors
- Work closely with the BD team for shaping deals with major pharma / biotech companies across multiple therapeutic areas and indications
- Work closely with the strategy team for analyses of potential value pools to inform Senda’s strategy and guide our internal prioritization
- Support corporate activities to include deal sourcing, due diligence, execution, and integration
- Deliver excellence to programs while applying project management best practices to solve complex problems and facilitate the execution of integrated project plans and deliverables for cross-functional teams.
- Assist in planning and executing complex projects to ensure that project objectives are achieved by implementing programs for assigned projects, coordinating project activities, collaborating with project team members, and monitoring progress toward project achievement.
- Will be responsible for learning and utilizing tech or tools (eg, Smartsheet).
- Hours – flexible to be 32-40 hours per week based on students needs.
- Master’s degree students interested in a Co-op for early Jan-end of June, 2022
- Enrolled in the:
- College of Engineering (Biochemical, Bioengineering, or Biomedical Engineering majors)
- College of Science (Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Chemistry undergrad majors) and (Biotechnology, Biotechnology experiential, Bioinformatics, Chemistry in Master’s degree).
- College of Health Sciences (Biomedical Science, Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery, Pharmacology majors in Master’s degrees)
- School of Business
- College of Professional Studies (Program Management)
- Candidates must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.