Senda Biosciences, Inc. is pioneering a new field of medicine called Intersystems Biology. People are a system of systems—both human and non-human. The constant molecular exchange between the hundreds of trillions of human and non-human cells within us, such as plant and bacterial cells, defines life as profoundly as our genetics. Senda is systematically harnessing these powerful molecular exchanges—the product of millennia of co-evolution—to create new classes of programmable medicines. Built on insights from Intersystems Biology, Senda’s X-VIA™ drug development platform is the first-ever atlas of interspecies exchange mechanisms, enabling next-generation nucleic acid, genetic and protein-based therapies. These therapies will enable new frontiers for medicines, such as programmable tissue targeting beyond the liver for nucleic acid, cell, and gene therapies; tunable immunomodulation for both in vivo immune system stimulation and suppression; repeatable dosing of therapeutic modalities that were previously impossible; and multiple routes of administration, including enabling oral routes for large biomolecules for the first time.
Senda was unveiled by Flagship Pioneering in October 2020, and the company entered into a strategic collaboration with Nestlé Health Science in 2021 focused on novel nutritional therapies for a wide range of metabolic conditions. Senda is based in Cambridge, MA. For more information, please visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and optimize novel lipid formulations for nucleic acid (mRNA, siRNA, DNA, etc.) and protein delivery, while providing critical input on our overall formulation strategy
- Develop and validate analytical methods for cargo and formulations
- Develop novel in vitro and in vivo assays for evaluating functionality, targeting efficiency and potency of novel delivery modalities for oral and systemic administration
- Execute experiments that will serve as the basis for the company’s ongoing platform and intellectual property development
- PhD. in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Biology, Chemistry or related discipline, with at least 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience, in academic, or industry settings
- Demonstrated strong background in developing diverse formulations
- Experience with in vivo delivery of nucleic acids and proteins
- Strong disposition for analytics including assay development
- Proficiency in analytical techniques like HPLC, DSC, GC, Mass spectrometry, DLS, zeta potential, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry etc. is preferred
- Execution-focused, team-oriented, and highly motivated, with strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative environment
- Experience with bio-conjugation
- Experience optimizing lipid formulations for long term storage stability
- Prior experience in developing lyophilized nanoparticle formulation is preferred.
- Prior experience in stability studies and analytical assays for stability evaluation
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.