Senda Biosciences is pioneering the field of Intersystems Biology to create novel treatments for human disease. Intersystems Biology focuses on how molecular connections between botanical, bacterial, and human cells—coevolved over millennia—define health and disease. Senda's Intersytems Biology discovery platform, built using new techniques in machine learning and computational biology, has been able to generate novel, actionable insights into the trillions of interspecies molecular connections in the human body, and harnesses the power of this "pharmacy within us" with novel pharmacological approaches. The power of the Senda platform is illustrated by six preclinical programs in oncology, neurology, chronic disease, and metabolic disease. Senda was founded by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering. To learn more, please visit the company's website at www.sendabiosciences.com.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Associate Scientist/Scientist to join the Translational Biology group as an in vivo pharmacology/immunology lead at Senda Biosciences in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team of biologists, engineers, data scientists, and chemists, the candidate will perform in vivo studies in rodents, develop and apply immunological methods and in vivo experiences that support Senda’s efforts to leverage and build out Senda’s unique platform. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health.
- Work with scientist across different disciplines to design and perform in vivo studies and including ex vivo assays to support multiple platforms/programs.
- Function as a Principal Investigator for the IACUC protocol and vivarium.
- Mentor and train junior RAs and Scientist to perform in vivo studies.
- Study cellular and molecular mechanisms of action using in vitro/in vivo and ex vivo systems.
- Isolate mouse and tumor samples for various immunological assays for example: flow cytometry, ELISPOT, and cytokine analysis.
- Participate in designing and running mouse pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, infectious disease models and tumor studies.
- Analyze various samples using qPCR, MSD, ELISA, IVIS imaging and microscopy.
- Maintain detailed and well-organized electronic lab notebook
- B.S in related science with 5 years of relevant experiences or M.S with 3 years of relevant experiences or PhD degree in Immunology, Microbiology, Cell and Molecular Biology or related disciplines.
- 3+ years of industrial or postdoctoral experience working in an immunology laboratory is preferred
- Extensive in vivo experiences working with various mouse models is required.
- Experience with dosing (PO, IV, SQ, IM, IP) and bleeding (tail nicks, submandibular, intracardiac) of mice.
- Extensive technical and hands-on experience with flow-based characterization of immune cells.
- Strong expertise in vaccine biology, cellular immunology, immune checkpoints, cell-based immune therapies and T cell biology is preferred.
- Prior drug discovery and development experience is highly preferred
- Microbiology or payload delivery in vivo research experience is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects and collaboratively across different teams with diverse experience.
- Prior training in managing and mentoring junior scientists is a plus.
- Agility: Ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables
- Results Oriented: Self-motivated, curious, accomplishes goals with minimal oversight
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Authenticity: Ability to voice their opinion and provide insight to the broader team, even when holding a minority or “out of the box” opinion. Ability to thrive with input from a cross-functional team while remaining the unquestioned scientific expert
- Team player: Desire to routinely interact with and mentor team members
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.