Senda Biosciences is pioneering the field of Intersystems Biology to create novel treatments for human disease. Intersystems Biology focuses on how molecular connections between botanical, bacterial, and human cells—coevolved over millennia—define health and disease. Senda's Intersytems Biology discovery platform, built using new techniques in machine learning and computational biology, has been able to generate novel, actionable insights into the trillions of interspecies molecular connections in the human body, and harnesses the power of this "pharmacy within us" with novel pharmacological approaches. The power of the Senda platform is illustrated by six preclinical programs in oncology, neurology, chronic disease, and metabolic disease. Senda was founded by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering. To learn more, please visit the company's website at www.sendabiosciences.com.
The Process Development scientist will have the primary responsibility of developing upstream processes for Senda’s microbial therapy platform. The position will report into the Director, Bioprocess Development.
The candidate will:
- Assist in defining process development strategy for Senda’s pipeline products based on scientific knowledge and regulatory guidelines
- Design, and execute upstream process development using Design of Experiment (DOE) methodology coupled with statistical analysis
- Design, develop and execute in-process assays as required
- Assist with performing downstream process development
- Manage the day to day execution of upstream laboratory through a combination of hands on work and supervision of technicians.
- Ensure that laboratory equipment is always in a ready to use state
- Work closely with the process development group to ensure timely delivery of results for pre-clinical studies and ongoing process development activities
- Identify, investigate and resolve any issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in the preparation of relevant CMC sections of regulatory submissions
- Keep abreast of new innovations and ensure timely evaluation of novel technologies
- Attend and Present at scientific conferences
PhD in biological sciences or biochemical engineering with 0 to 4 years industry experience in process development and characterization in the Pharma / Biotech Industry or
B.S./M.S in in biological sciences or biochemical engineering and 8+ years of Pharma / Biotech experience in process development and characterization
- A proven track record in aseptic processing of microbial or mammalian cells, operation of bench scale fermenters and bioreactors, tangential flow filtration and centrifugation.
- Demonstrated experience in application of DOE methodology and advanced statistical analysis
- Experience in performing routine assays e.g. cell density, nutrient / metabolite concentration
- Experience in Set-up and troubleshooting process equipment
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience in Visual basic programming, Python, R, a plus
- Hands-on, can-do individual with a collaborative personal style and the ability to excel in a fast-moving team/collaborative environment.
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills
- Evidence of creativity in implementing innovative approaches is required.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.