Senda Biosciences is pioneering the field of Intersystems Biology to create novel treatments for human disease. Intersystems Biology focuses on how molecular connections between botanical, bacterial, and human cells—coevolved over millennia—define health and disease. Senda's Intersytems Biology discovery platform, built using new techniques in machine learning and computational biology, has been able to generate novel, actionable insights into the trillions of interspecies molecular connections in the human body, and harnesses the power of this "pharmacy within us" to enable novel pharmacological approaches. The power of the Senda platform is illustrated by preclinical programs in oncology, neurology, chronic disease, and metabolic disease. Senda was founded by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering. To learn more, please visit the company's website at www.sendabiosciences.com
The (Sr.) Research Associate, Metabolomics will be primarily responsible to work with Senda’s discovery team to design and execute mass spectrometry based analytical workflows for metabolomics and lipidomics. This individual will be a key member of Senda’s dynamic, expanding, and collaborative team.
- Design and execute small molecule analysis workflows.
- Maintain and operate analytical tools including Mass Spectrometry and UHPLC.
- Maintain and execute SOPs for sample collection, organization, and processing, including cells, microbial sample, animal and human tissues.
- Collaborate with internal teams to enable addressing their analytical needs.
- Interface with contract research organizations to facilitate the externalization of analytical work
- Master’s degree and 1+ years of industrial experience or bachelor’s degree with 3+ years industrial experience in in biochemistry, chemistry, biology or related fields
- Experience with operation and maintenance of high-resolution mass spectrometry; orbitrap based and/or QToF machines for metabolite or lipid profiling.
- Experience with targeted mass spectrometry including Triple Quadrupole and/or QTrap machines (any major brand and software) for targeted analysis.
- Experience with chromatography including gas chromatography and/or UHPLCs.
- Experience in processing chromatography/mass spectrometry data
- Experience in biological sample preparation for downstream MS and LCMS analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and record keeping
- Ability and enthusiasm on working in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Knowledge of human physiology, microbiology.
- Experience processing samples for other high dimensional readouts including next-generation DNA sequencing and/or proteomics workflows.
- Knowledge of metabolism and metabolic analysis, flux, and isotope labeling.
- Experience on lipidomics and/or proteomics and/or peptide analysis.
- Experience with HPLCs and preparative separation beyond analytical scale. including SPE, Preparative chromatography and fractionation.
- Knowledge of structure elucidation of unknown molecules using MS, MSMS, and/or NMR.
- Experience working in the field of microbiome
- General knowledge on related pharmaceutical functions such as drug metabolism, drug distribution and pharmacokinetics, immunology, toxicology, process development.
- Experience with microbial and/or human cell culture.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.