Senda Biosciences is pioneering the field of Intersystems Biology to create novel treatments for human disease. Intersystems Biology focuses on how molecular connections between botanical, bacterial, and human cells—coevolved over millennia—define health and disease. Senda's Intersytems Biology discovery platform, built using new techniques in machine learning and computational biology, has been able to generate novel, actionable insights into the trillions of interspecies molecular connections in the human body, and harnesses the power of this "pharmacy within us" with novel pharmacological approaches. The power of the Senda platform is illustrated by six preclinical programs in oncology, neurology, chronic disease, and metabolic disease. Senda was founded by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering. To learn more, please visit the company's website at www.sendabiosciences.com.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join the Translational Biology group at Senda Biosciences in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team of biologists, engineers, data scientists, and chemists, the candidate will be primarily responsible for conducting in vivo immunological evaluations of test agents, maintaining cell lines and primary cell cultures, performing ex vivo assays and assisting in assay development of test systems. Further, the candidate will assist in developing cell based and in vivo assays, flow cytometry analysis, and other immunological assays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex, ELISPOT). This individual will be a key member of Senda Biosciences’s dynamic, expanding, and collaborative team that combines significant experience in microbiome-based target discovery, microbe-host interactions, drug deployment, and human health to unlock the potential of the company’s core technological platforms. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health.
- Work with senior research staff to design and execute experiments
- Conduct in vivo immunological and pharmacological animal experiments in rodents
- Conduct ex vivo plate/ tube-based experiments
- Work closely and harmoniously with Translational Biology team to drive Senda Biosciences’s exciting platform and science.
- Contribute to team discussions regarding study design, implementations, and data analysis.
- Able to lead key in vivo and ex vivo studies and function independently.
- MS in a biology or engineering-related field with 1+ years of relevant experience (or BS plus 5 years of experience)
- Experience with rodent handling.
- Experience with dosing (PO, IV, SQ, IM, IP) and bleeding (tail nicks, submandibular, intracardiac) of mice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills and familiarity with electronic notebook.
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiar with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
- Familiar with molecular assays: qPCR, electrophoresis, and ELISA
- Familiar with IACUC and compliance requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Flow cytometry and Flowjo analysis
- Immunological assays
- Tumor implantations
- Survival surgery experience
- Fluorescent microscopy
- Agility: Ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables
- Results Oriented: Self-motivated, curious, accomplishes goals with minimal oversight
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Authenticity: Ability to voice their opinion and provide insight to the broader team, even when holding a minority or “out of the box” opinion. Ability to thrive with input from a cross-functional team while remaining the unquestioned scientific expert
Team player: Desire to routinely interact with and mentor team members
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.