Senda Biosciences is pioneering the field of Intersystems Biology to create novel treatments for human disease. Intersystems Biology focuses on how molecular connections between botanical, bacterial, and human cells—coevolved over millennia—define health and disease. Senda's Intersytems Biology discovery platform, built using new techniques in machine learning and computational biology, has been able to generate novel, actionable insights into the trillions of interspecies molecular connections in the human body, and harnesses the power of this "pharmacy within us" with novel pharmacological approaches. The power of the Senda platform is illustrated by six preclinical programs in oncology, neurology, chronic disease, and metabolic disease. Senda was founded by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering. To learn more, please visit the company's website at www.sendabiosciences.com.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Formulations Research Associate to join us in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. Successful candidates should be highly organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and capable of working closely with an interdisciplinary team. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits.
- Work independently and collaboratively to design and execute experiments
- Characterize and test nanoformulations using biophysical, biochemical & molecular biology assays
- Execute cell based experiments, and in vivo preclinical experiments, including tissue harvesting, and bleeding
- Independently troubleshoot, solve - problems, and propose solutions related to experiment design and execution
- Maintain detailed and organized records of multiple simultaneous projects
- Assist with lab management tasks, including ordering and general organization
- BS or MS in a biology or engineering-related field (minimum 2+ years of relevant research experience in acedemia or industry)
- Proficiency in analytical techniques (Elisa/MSD, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry, HPLC/UPLC)
- Animal tissue dissection and processing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Familiar with in vivo imaging
- Familiar with mammalian cell culture and transfection
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.