Senda Biosciences is seeking to hire a Bacterial Transfer Platform Lead at the Senior Director level to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a passion for pursuing innovative science aimed at bringing novel medicines to patients. The successful candidate should be experienced in the drug development process, a capable and demonstrated scientific leader, motivated to achieve ambitious goals and timelines, thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and capable of working closely with an interdisciplinary team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in microbial pathogenesis/host interactions, vaccine development (cancer and/or infectious diseases), immunology, and or synthetic biology with human disease applications.
- Manage a team of high performing Scientists, Engineers, and RAs towards goal of proving a novel microbial therapeutics platform in humans.
- Establish scalable and repeatable process for creating microbial therapeutics platform by working with process development and analytics team
- Establish critical path timelines for platform progress and maintain accountability for platform deliverables
- Work with Translational Biology to design and execute IND-enabling animal studies across disease indications
- Interpret complex biological in vitro and in vivo data
- Propose and drive new therapeutic demonstrations of the platform
- Generate new intellectual property and execute against existing intellectual property portfolio
- PhD in a biology, microbiology, immunology, bioengineering or related field
- Minimum 5+ years, of relevant research experience in industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Humble and collaborative team player
- 10+ years preferred
- Fermentation knowledge and experience
- Drug development experience outside of small molecules
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.