Who we are
Semafor is a global news platform for an increasingly complex world in which consumers are overwhelmed by too many news sources and unsure what to trust. We are building Semafor from the ground up to enable world-class journalists to deliver reporting and insights with rigor in journalistic forms that ensure a new level of transparency. Our editors will distill the most important stories from all over in formats that uncover the forces shaping the stories, explain the interests behind polarizing narratives, and replenish the stock of shared facts. As a global platform, Semafor recognizes that smart people can disagree and that informed readers need to understand alternative points of view from competing centers of power and culture in a multi-polar world. Our ambitions are large, but we’re going to start small. We intend to launch in just two markets globally, learn from our experiences, and grow deliberately. Want to join us? Read on.
Senior Manager, Ad Operations
Reports to: Director of Ad Product Marketing
About this role:
As Senior Manager of Ad Operations, you will be responsible for executing Semafor’s global campaign management and client services strategy. You will partner closely with Semafor’s product, technology, editorial, and revenue teams to coordinate end-to-end client management from pre-sale planning in our OMS through to post-sale reporting and client-facing communications. You’ll take ownership of all things campaign management and measurement, partnering as needed with vendors in the space to implement custom solutions.
- Manage receipt, testing, and any required technical adjustment of creative in accordance with campaign launch deadlines.
- Ensure the proper implementation of IOs that bridge from our planning team to Google Ad Manager.
- Utilize ad serving systems to implement campaigns in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitor campaign launches and subsequent media flighting; troubleshoot impactful campaign issues including during off-hours when necessary.
- Manage media pacing to identify and address any delivery abnormalities as well as standard campaigns in need of optimization.
- Pull reporting on 3rd party delivery throughout sales cycle; identify and investigate 3rd party discrepancies as necessary.
- Provide campaign screenshots within 24 business hours of launch, in agency / client templates if required.
- Send out in-campaign reporting on request and final reporting within five days of a campaign end date.
- Schedule and run periodic campaign status update meetings with planners and other stakeholders
- Collaborate when applicable with measurement partners (Nielsen, Millward Brown, etc.) to conduct qualitative and quantitative brand and campaign-specific studies.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and expertly prioritize to create standardized workflows for Ad Operations.
- Manage relationships with any Ops-related vendors and act as main point of contact.
What makes your qualified:
- 5+ years of AdTech/digital advertising or equivalent experience within the digital advertising industry across search, social, display, direct response, and/or ad networks with a keen understanding of multi-channel publishers.
- 2+ years of DFP/GAM experience
- Expertise in working with ad servers, Ad Exchanges, DSPs, SSPs, verification and data tools
- Must have experience with VAST/VPAID/HTML5 ad formats
- Strong knowledge of sales and marketing processes.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, developing and executing against plans to activate and manage multifaceted advertising campaigns.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and adjust quickly to change.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to think and communicate concisely at macro and micro levels, from high level strategy to implementation details.
- Experience working with diverse teams with teammates from many different backgrounds.
- Experience in start-up and/or dynamic work environment demanding flexibility and a willingness to jump in wherever needed to help the team succeed.
- An entrepreneurial drive grounded in an eagerness to learn and grow alongside the company as it continues to scale and evolve.
- Passion for the media industry and great journalism.
The base salary for this position at the time of posting will range from $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 USD. Individual compensation varies based on job related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility, and qualifications.
Additional job details
Comprehensive employee benefits: unlimited PTO, medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, flexible spending, health savings accounts, life insurance, 401(k), pre-Tax commuter benefits. (Benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements)
Semafor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Semafor, Inc. will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law