Selligent is a global marketing automation provider that powers audience engagement programs for nearly 700 leading brands in retail, financial services, automotive, publishing and travel with an omnichannel marketing platform that includes enterprise-strength email capabilities.
The solution empowers brands to create meaningful omnichannel communications across email, site optimization, social, mobile and customer care at a competitive price point that makes Selligent the best value in the market.
The platform uses rich data analytics to provide 360-degree audience insights and offers customer journey mapping capabilities to deliver optimal audience engagement to customers and prospects alike. Serving brands in more than 20 countries around the world, Selligent works with companies ranging from the mid-market to large enterprise, often partnering with its extensive network of agencies and MSPs. Selligent has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Belgium, Paris, Munich, and Barcelona. Our sales, service and technology teams are located across Europe and the US.
Join Us and Love What You Do!
If you are passionate about marketing, committed to customer satisfaction, and eager to transform the marketing service industry one innovation at a time, we want to hear from you. Learn more about our company, visit us at .
Selligent is looking for an experienced attorney to join our team. The US Corporate Counsel will primarily focus on reviewing, analyzing, negotiating and crafting changes to our customer agreements and contracts. As a small, dynamic organization this position will also assist on a variety of additional corporate matters ranging from audit support and litigation management to IP protection and liability mitigation. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review, analyze, negotiate and draft changes to customer provided contracts and/or changes to company standard contracts. Assist with revisions to company standard contracts. Draft and negotiate company service agreements and related agreements.
- Counsel internal clients and stakeholders on the implications of various terms and conditions of agreements and ensure that all contracts comply with the company's internal legal and business standard operating procedures.
- Apply innovative problem solving skills and business judgment during contract negotiations to minimize risk for the company and foster long-term business relations.
- Assist finance department with audit support and demand letters.
- Assist with protection of IP rights, including trademark and copyright registrations, monitoring abuse of company IP and sending cease and desist letters; manage/oversee outside counsel work on pending patent applications.
- Assist with litigation management, as needed, and manage/oversee outside counsel.
- Law degree from a ABA accredited law school and current license to practice law in CA or NY.
- Minmum 3-5 years combined experience in well-regarded law firm and/or in-house legal department. Preferred negotiating and drafting license agreements and other transactional agreements.
- Substantive experience with technology transactions, particularly SaaS licensing, is preferred. Knowledge and experience with software licensing is a plus.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude: must be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal customers, such as sales and business development.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
Selligent Company is an equal opportunity employer.