Selligent Marketing Cloud is the world's leading independent provider of relationship marketing solutions, powering customer relationships for InterContinental Hotels Group, ING and Extra Space Storage and more than 700 other major brands in retail, travel, automotive, publishing, and financial services. Featuring enterprise-strength performance, Selligent Marketing Cloud's technology leads the industry in data management, campaign orchestration, and audience analytics. Selligent Marketing Cloud increases conversions and enhances engagement for mid-market to enterprise B2C marketers with its ability to deliver integrated, customer-centric experiences across email, display, mobile, and social.
Selligent Marketing Cloud serves more than 30 countries globally, including more than 75 agencies and MSPs. Selligent has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Dallas, London, Belgium, Paris, Munich, and Barcelona.
Join Us and Love What You Do!
This role reports directly to the CFO, North America and includes supervision of an Accounts Receivable direct report. The role partners with a Co-Manager to oversee day to day general accounting operations and well as close procedures and special projects. This is a great chance to work for a fast-paced company with a ton of room to make a difference.
Key Responsibilities: Close Processes and Analysis
• Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all month, quarter, and year-end revenue-related close items including the preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations (revenue, deferred revenue, unbilled receivables, deferred commissions, sales tax, reserve analysis, etc.);
• Prepare monthly analysis including ACV calculations, professional services analytics, and backlog analytics for board and management review;
• Partner with Professional Services to ensure timely and accurate billing and revenue recognition;
• Manage AR accountant and related AR and sales admin processing; act as point of contact for any cash application queries;
• Partner with Co-Manager to manage all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process. Ensure reported numbers are prepared on time and are presented accurately. Process Improvement
• Drive business process improvements and automation projects to bring best practices to the order to cash process and procure to pay cycle;
• Collaborate with partner organizations including Sales Ops, MIS and Client Services to drive process improvements;
• Participate in global standardization and integration efforts for policies and procedures as they specifically relate to IFRS 15/ ASC 606 and other revenue areas.
Technical Revenue Accounting & Policy
• Draft and maintain global revenue accounting policies and memos in accordance with the Company’s application of accounting principles to specific revenue transactions;
• Draft and maintain memo’s relating to any other accounting policies including equity, debt, leases, etc.
• Partner with sales and legal in the review and evaluation of deal structures to analyze the impact of customer terms and conditions, communicate the revenue impact of those terms, and offer alternatives if available.
Reporting and Filing Requirements
• Review sales tax reconciliations and ensure filings with proper reporting jurisdictions using Avalara;
• Liaise with external service providers to meet annual tax compliance requirements;
• Support external audit requirements;
• Support in preparation of year-end financials and relevant financial statement notes.
• Assist with forecasting processes to drive accuracy and scalability.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience, CPA and/or SaaS company experience is preferred;
• System experience with NetSuite, Adaptive Insights and Salesforce is preferred;
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate large amounts of data is required;
• Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects, meet deadlines, and drive to completion;
• Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with a variety of functions across the organization;
• Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.