Seldon is looking for talented Graduate software engineers to join our growing Tech team. You will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to a variety of projects that add core functionality to both closed and open source products in the Deploy team
- Learn new cutting edge technologies such as Go and Kubernetes
- Build capability across all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Develop and grow with the support of an allocated mentor and the wider Seldon team
We are focused on making it easy for machine learning models to be deployed and managed at scale in production. We provide Cloud Native products that run on top of Kubernetes and are open-core with several successful open source projects including Seldon Core, Alibi:Explain and Alibi:Detect.
At Seldon we have created a culture that we’re proud of driven by our passionate, talented team and our open, collaborative ethos. We operate on the cutting edge of technology, in an agile environment that is evolving as we scale, enabling unique opportunities to grow and develop your career as part of the team and help shape the future with MLOps.
The role & our technology
- Help realise the product vision: Production-ready machine learning models within moments, not months. Our products make enterprise-grade MLOps easy.
- Help design, build and extend Seldon's core product range of MLOps (Machine learning operations) tools and products.
- Help enterprises deploy their machine learning models at scale across a wide range of use-cases and sectors.
- Extend the state of the art in the developing area of MLOps including:
- Managing the production lifecycle of ML models from initial deployment, to testing and updating of the next iteration.
- Monitoring ML models in production.
- Explaining and ensuring correct governance of ML models in production.
You will be joining an exciting phase of a start-up with an ambitious team and unlimited potential for professional growth.
Some of the technology we use:
- Go is our primary language for all-things backend infrastructure including our Kubernetes Operator, and all our closed source enterprise offerings
- Kubernetes and Docker to schedule and run all of our core cloud native technology stack
- Metrics from our models collected using Prometheus, with custom Grafana integrations for visualisation and monitoring
- Our primary service mesh backend leverages the Envoy Proxy, fully integrated with Istio, but also with an option for Ambassador
- We leverage gRPC protobufs to standardise our schemas and reach unprecedented processing speeds through complex inference graphs
- We use React.js for our all our enterprise user products and interfaces
- A degree or higher-level academic background in a scientific or engineering subject
- Interest in Machine Learning Operations
- Familiarity with Linux based development
- Experience with GoLang and/or Python
- Experience with Kubernetes and the ecosystem of Cloud Native tools
- A supportive and collaborative team environment
- A commitment to learning and career development and £1000 per year L&D budget
- Competitive salary and share options to align you with our long-term success
- 28 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays on top)
- Flexible approach to hybrid-working (⅔ split)
- Nest Pension scheme
- AXA Private Medical Insurance (including dental and optical)
- AIG Life Assurance and EAP
- Perkbox - perks, medical and wellbeing benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular socials, lunch & learns and events
- Top-spec equipment
- Our interview process is normally as follows:
- a 30min get-to-know-you phone chat
- online tech interviews with the team you’ll be working with
- final cultural interview with our Head of People and Talent or CEO