This role is an exciting opportunity to get in at the ground level of our Seldon Cloud project - taking the best of our enterprise offering and reimagining it for SaaS.
We are focused on making it easy for machine learning models to be deployed and managed at scale in production. We provide Cloud Native products that run on top of Kubernetes and are open-core with several successful open source projects including Seldon Core, Alibi:Explain and Alibi:Detect.
At Seldon we have created a culture that we’re proud of driven by our passionate, talented team and our open, collaborative ethos. We operate on the cutting edge of technology, in an agile environment that is evolving as we scale, enabling unique opportunities to grow and develop your career as part of the team and help shape the future with MLOps.
The role & our technology
You will be a key member of our greenfield project to build Seldon Cloud, our upcoming SaaS product - taking the best of our open and closed source offerings and bringing them to an entirely new market. You will be joining an exciting phase of a start-up with an ambitious team and unlimited potential for professional growth.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building high quality scalable systems to help enterprises deploy their machine learning models at scale across a wide range of use-cases and sectors
- Lots of opportunity to design and tackle hard problems your own way, we’re a small but growing tech team so you’ll have responsibility for all stages of software development
- Help realise the product vision: Production-ready machine learning models within moments, not months. Our products make enterprise-grade MLOps easy.
Some of the technology we use:
- Go is our primary language for all-things backend infrastructure including our Kubernetes Operator, and all our closed source enterprise offerings
- Kubernetes and Docker to schedule and run all of our core cloud native technology stack
- Metrics from our models collected using Prometheus, with custom Grafana integrations for visualisation and monitoring
- Our primary service mesh backend leverages the Envoy Proxy, fully integrated with Istio, but also with an option for Ambassador
- We leverage gRPC protobufs to standardise our schemas and reach unprecedented processing speeds through complex inference graphs
- We use React.js for our all our enterprise user products and interfaces
- At least 2 years of experience in industry of unix based development
- Experience with Golang or a similar OOP language like Java, Python
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud Native software development
- Ability to communicate and work well in a growing team environment
- A degree or higher level academic background in a scientific or engineering subject or relevant equivalent experience
- History of building and scaling SaaS applications
- An understanding or interest in data science and machine learning
- London or Cambridge UK offices, hybrid working environment
- Competitive salary + meaningful share options to align you with our long-term success
- A commitment to learning and career development and £1000 per year L&D budget
- 28 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays on top)
- Nest Pension scheme
- AXA Private Medical Insurance (including dental and optical)
- AIG Life Assurance and EAP
- Perkbox - perks, medical and wellbeing benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular socials, lunch & learns and games nights
- Top-spec equipment (laptop, mechanical keyboard, mouse, screen etc.)
- Our interview process is normally as follows:
- a 30min get-to-know-you phone chat
- online tech interviews with the team you’ll be working with
- final cultural interview with our head of people team