Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious aim: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Since launching in 2018, Seldon has over 5 million unique models deployed and has raised over £10 million in venture funding. Over two-thirds of the Seldon customer base are members of the Fortune 500 and include industry leaders such as Google, Red Hat and IBM.
We have created a culture that we’re proud of driven by our passionate, talented team and a truly collaborative ethos. Our workplace is engineering-led, offering an agile environment that is evolving as we scale, enabling unique opportunities to grow and develop your career as part of the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop our strategic approach to IT Security Operations from the ground up and own implementing best practice policies and procedures. The role will help underpin the success of Seldon as we continue to scale. We're hybrid, with 2 days a week in the office and 3 days working flexibly.
What you will be doing
- Lead IT security and operations in a hands-on role, from inception through to delivery. Ensuring that systems, services, and physical IT infrastructure work reliably and securely
- Develop cyber security policies and implement best practices to ensure that Seldon reduces risk and operates effectively across all departments
- Ensure data is handled, transferred or processed according to legal and company guidelines (GDPR)
- Be responsible for leading and maintaining our ISO 27001 certification
- Manage costs and budgets regarding IT operations and security management
What you will bring to the team
- 3+ years experience in Cyber Security Architecture, Cloud Platform Security, Risk Assessment, Network Security, IAM, Data Security and Governance
- Ability to develop and implement IT security and operations strategies from scratch to mitigate risk for a scaling business
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with business stakeholders to reduce risk whilst being empathetic to different perspectives and team needs
- Strong knowledge and application of security standards specifically ISO 270001 and experience driving the accreditation process and maintaining business compliance
- Bachelor's degree in IT-related subject, or equivalent relevant experience and a professional IT Security qualification, e.g., CISMP, CISSP, CISA, or CISM.
What you will enjoy in return
- An exciting role in a growing company, with the opportunity to lead our IT Operations
- A supportive and collaborative team environment
- A commitment to learning and career development and £1000 per year L&D budget
- Flexible approach to hybrid-working (2/3)
- Share options to align you with the long-term success of the company
- 28 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays on top)
- Perkbox - perks, medical and wellbeing benefits
- Healthcare cash plan and Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme