Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious aim: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Since launching in 2018, Seldon has over 5 million unique models deployed and has raised over £10 million in venture funding. Over two-thirds of the Seldon customer base are members of the Fortune 500 and include industry leaders such as Google, Red Hat and IBM.
We have created a culture that we’re proud of driven by our passionate, talented team and a truly collaborative ethos. Our workplace is engineering-led and design-driven, offering an agile environment that is evolving as we scale, enabling unique opportunities to grow and develop your career as part of the team.
We are looking for a IT-Operations Engineer to join our growing team with the potential to establish IT processes from scratch. As an IT-Operations Engineer, the successful candidate will be exposed to all parts of the business and will have an excellent opportunity to contribute to the wider success of the company.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be responsible for day-to-day activities of the information technology (IT) department, ensuring that systems, services, and physical IT infrastructure work reliably and securely.
- Develop IT policies and practices to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably, including FAQ documents or employee handbooks for IT processes and client facing policies.
- Manage ISO certification process.
- Be responsible for device and password management.
- Provision laptops for new starters.
- Follow best practices and enforce necessary security measures across departments.
- Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably, including FAQ documents or employee handbooks for IT processes and client facing policies.
- Become a main point of contact for team to submit requests and questions for IT support.
- Ensure data is handled, transferred or processed according to legal and company guidelines.
- Control costs and budgets regarding IT systems.
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software.
- Desktop, laptop, and mobile device software application licensing and management.
- Ensure Seldon's IT systems are secure, consistent and reliable.
What you will bring to the team
- Proven experience in a senior IT operations role delivering IT performance management, network administration, cloud computing and system security in a fast growing organisation.
- Built and established IT management processes from scratch with the following:
- Experience in integration of disparate systems and multiple applications
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of traditional local infrastructure technologies
- Understanding of ISO 27001 IT Security Risk Management
- Experience on governance of developer services and accounts, including public clouds, billing, etc
- Experience in documenting IT processes
- Knowledge and application of information and cyber security and BCP/DR standards, such as ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework and ISO 22301
- Experience with establishing scalable processes for provisioning of employee laptops, system installation, configuration and analysi
- BSc/BA in Computer Science/ IT or relevant additional experience
Nice to have(s)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects successfully.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Creates structure out of unstructured work.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement.
What you will gain in return
- An exciting role in a fast-growing company, with the opportunity to play a key part in shaping our approach moving forward.
- A supportive and collaborative team environment with a commitment to learning and career development.
- Share options to align you with the long-term success of the company.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Access to discounted lunches, gyms, shopping, and cinema tickets.
- Healthcare cash plan and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Flexible approach to hybrid-working.
- Pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme