Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious aim: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Since launching in 2018, Seldon has over 5 million unique models deployed and has raised over £10 million in venture funding. Over two-thirds of the Seldon customer base are members of the Fortune 500 and include industry leaders such as Google, Red Hat and IBM.
We have created a culture that we’re proud of driven by our passionate, talented team and a collaborative ethos. Our workplace is engineering-led and design-driven, offering an agile environment that is evolving as we scale, enabling unique opportunities to grow and develop your career as part of the team.
Who you are
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help drive the roadmap for combining our data science-focused MLOps offerings. The role involves working closely with a cross-functional team to help define, design, build and roll out products that deliver the business vision. The core focus of this role will be to bring the voice of the customer to life in close collaboration with our engineering teams. You will have the opportunity to drive innovation alongside engineering by solving significant challenges in MLOps software engineering. To support this, you will have a keen eye for gaps in B2B and developer products with an innovative mindset to fill them.
This position will require a unique blend of strategic thinking combined with hands-on practical experience and excellent communication skills. You will work with stakeholders to shape data science add-ons on top of Seldon Deploy (Monitoring and Explainability), working closely with open-source projects like Alibi Detect, Alibi Explain and Tempo.
You should be comfortable navigating complex and ambiguous challenges and working in a fluid environment with momentum.
What you will be doing
- Manage multiple offerings within Seldon’s portfolio
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including market research, competitive analysis, design, planning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Develop end to end plans for features, detailing the product requirements and functional specifications
- Understand customer needs, communicate those needs crisply and succinctly, and work with sales and engineering to translate those needs into clear priorities and a compelling roadmap
- Develop a thorough understanding of the MLOps ecosystem and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging trends
- Scope and prioritise activities based on ML thought leadership, business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering and sales to drive product success, as well as business and internal stakeholders expectations
What you will bring to the team
- Demonstrated experience specifying intuitive and straightforward products, including the ability to communicate ideas through wireframes or whiteboard drawings when necessary
- A passion for understanding customer problems and a track record of creating product requirements to solve those problems
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of data-driven decision making
- Ability to present ideas to and collaborate with engineering, end-users and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of Data Science principles
- Experience with open-source software
- Proven experience participating in and overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
What you will gain in return
- A strategic and exciting role in a scaling company
- A supportive and collaborative team environment with a commitment to learning and career development
- Share options to align you with the long-term success of the company
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounted lunches, gyms, shopping, and cinema tickets
- Healthcare cash plan and Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible approach to hybrid-working
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme