Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious aim: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Since launching in 2018, Seldon has over 5 million unique models deployed and has raised over £10 million in venture funding. Over two-thirds of the Seldon customer base are members of the Fortune 500 and include industry leaders such as Google, Red Hat and IBM.
We have created a culture that we’re proud of driven by our passionate, talented team and a truly collaborative ethos. Our workplace is engineering-led and design-driven, offering an agile environment that is evolving as we scale, enabling unique opportunities to grow and develop your career as part of the team.
We are looking for a Data Visualisation Engineer to join our team to transform data into something more than just a single report, and to understand how to deep dive into data to generate more than just the expected insight.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and develop ergonomic and performant interactive data tools: visualisations and UIs for advanced monitoring and analytics (real time analytics, clusters or graphs visualisations) or web apps meant to help users run and monitor optimised programs at scale on top of our ML platform.
- Understand the fundamental principles of visual display of information and know which rules can be bent or broken in very specific use cases
- Working closely with the UI/UX and Data Science team in building out innovative products in the MLOps space.
- Think of yourself as a designer first - we want you to bridge the gap between interaction, information and graphic design.
- Be able to hack at data visualisation methods and be able to reproduce any charting methods you see.
What you will bring to the team
- Deep understanding of HTML / SVG / Canvas based visualisations
- Experienced in developing modern web applications using latest technologies
- Ability to build cross-browser, responsive user interfaces
- Experience connecting to data servers, in a data environment : calling APIs, connecting and querying databases in general (SQL or NoSQL).
- Experience working with data structures for manipulating and processing structured data.
- 3+ years of commercial experience or track record in delivering commercial software projects.
- You thrive in transforming static data visualisations in a Jupyter notebook into an interactive form with annotations and improved styling.
- You can help facilitate communication of insights and points of interest using colour, annotations and other techniques drawing on visual cognition.
- You are highly skilled in the trifecta for data visualisation: visualisation, statistical analysis and storytelling.
- You a curious by nature. We are building products at Seldon that have not been solved before so if you enjoy experimenting with new ideas to solve these problems that’s perfect!
What you will gain in return
- An exciting role in a fast-growing company, with the opportunity to play a key part in shaping our approach moving forward.
- A supportive and collaborative team environment with a commitment to learning and career development.
- Share options to align you with the long-term success of the company.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Access to discounted lunches, gyms, shopping, and cinema tickets.
- Healthcare cash plan and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Flexible approach to hybrid-working.
- Pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme