Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious aim: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Since 2018, Seldon has raised €10 million in funding and achieved 38% MoM growth, working with clients such as Google, RedHat, IBM, and leading enterprise clients.
We have created a culture that we’re proud of driven by our passionate, talented team and a truly collaborative ethos. Our workplace is engineering-led and design-driven, offering an agile and fast-paced environment that is evolving as we scale, enabling unique opportunities to grow and develop your career as part of the team.
Seldon is looking for an experienced Research Engineer to join our Research and Data Science team. We are focused on making it easy for machine learning models to be deployed and managed at scale in production. We provide Cloud Native products that run on top of Kubernetes and are open-core with several successful open source projects including Seldon Core, Alibi:Explain and Alibi:Detect. Within our Data Science team we work on distilling and conducting research to enable trust in production machine learning systems.
What you will be doing
You will be joining Seldon to help us develop our open source machine learning libraries Alibi:Explain and Alibi:Detect dedicated to model explainability and monitoring. As part of the Research and Data Science team you will work to shape our scientific libraries to be the best tools available for machine learning practitioners.
- Design, develop and maintain our open source machine learning libraries Alibi:Explain and Alibi:Detect
- Adhere to best practices for Python library development including code quality, testing, CI
- Analyze and benchmark algorithm performance, identify bottlenecks and propose improvements
- Work collaboratively across Data Science and wider Engineering team for seamless integrations with other projects/products
- Supporting research projects in the areas of model explainability, outlier and drift detection, model monitoring and more.
What you will bring to the team
- A minimum of two years industry experience or academia showing completed projects (preferably 3 - 5)
- A degree or higher level academic background in a scientific or engineering subject
Core skills required, developed either through existing experience or with a demonstrable desire to learn:
- Advanced Python programming experience, in particular library design, development and maintenance, including testing, CI etc.
- Experience using TensorFlow or PyTorch frameworks
- Familiarity with scientific software development best practices
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts
Advantageous but not necessary:
- Open source contributions to scientific libraries
- Experience implementing machine learning models/papers
What you will gain in return
- An exciting role in a fast growing company
- A supportive and collaborative team environment with a commitment to learning and career development
- Share options to align you with the long-term success of the company
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounted lunches, gyms, shopping and cinema tickets
- Healthcare cash plan and Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible approach to hybrid-working
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme