Who we are
Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious aim: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Since 2018, Seldon has raised €10 million in funding and achieved 38% MoM growth, working with clients such as Google, RedHat and IBM ML platforms.
We have created a culture that we’re proud of driven by our passionate, talented team and a truly collaborative ethos. Our workplace is engineering-led and design-driven, offering an agile and fast-paced environment that is evolving as we scale, enabling unique opportunities to grow and develop your career as part of the team.
As we continue to grow and take the company to the next level, we are looking to identify a VP Commercial Sales to build and execute a ‘low touch’ inside sales strategy and clear value proposition from the foundation up.
The mission for this role
Partner with Leadership across Enterprise Sales, Marketing, Product and Technology to build and execute a ‘low touch’ inside sales strategy and clear value proposition from the foundation up, directly contributing towards revenue growth and the overall success of Seldon.
- To recruit, lead, coach and develop a motivated and high performing inside sales team, executing effectively across lead conversion/management, closed deals, timely and quality communication and customer service in order to exceed targets.
- To keep up to date with market insights, customer analytics and customer and team feedback to iteratively improve and optimise inside sales processes, systems and approach, incorporating appropriate training for the team when needed.
What you will bring to the role
- First hand experience building and executing a “low touch” inside sales strategy, ideally at a growth-stage startup
- Evidence of consistent achievement against set targets, maintaining a motivated and results orientated approach through effective analytics and metrics management
- Experience converting paid customers with market benchmark close rate from SQL
- Demonstrable evidence of proactively optimising a Sales processes and systems based on market insights and feedback
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate, influence and collaborate with others across business stakeholders, partners and customers
- Previous experience of hiring, coaching and developing a motivated and high performing inside sales team
- Effective CRM management and experience with Salesforce
Nice to have
- Understanding of our tech stack (DevOps, Machine Learning, cloud/enterprise infrastructure)
- Experience nurturing open source community to generate commercial leads and customers
What you will gain in return
- An key strategic role within the Leadership Team with the ability to define and implement our low touch sales strategy
- A supportive and collaborative team environment with a commitment to learning and career development
- Share options to align you with the long-term success of the company
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounted lunches, gyms, shopping and cinema tickets
- Healthcare cash plan and Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible approach to hybrid-working
- Pension scheme