Who we are
Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious aim: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Since 2018, Seldon has raised €10 million in funding and achieved 38% MoM growth, working with clients such as Google, RedHat and IBM ML platforms.
As we continue to grow and take the company to the next level, we are looking to identify a VP Partnerships to develop and manage key business development functions within Seldon – channel sales, technology partnerships, strategic alliances, and OEM agreements. An opportunity to drive third party revenues and scale an alliances business from scratch, potential to develop into a strategic management position and build an alliances team globally.
With an incredibly deep tech founding team and recognised thought leaders in the field of MLOps and AI Ethics across the team, Seldon is an established name in the open source sphere with three million installs of our products so far. Partners include industry tech giants and customers include several other Fortune 100 and FTSE 100 companies – including leaders of healthcare, automotive and financial services sectors.
In addition to a very competitive compensation plan, you’ll receive access to private health care, discounted memberships and services and an EMI share scheme for all employees.
The mission for this role
Develop and manage Alliance and Channel Partners
Drive Revenue through third party organisations
Build a partner community of Channel partners (revenue generating), Delivery Partners (SI), Large Tech companies (OEM and strategy)
What you will do in the role
- Developing the strategy for alliances and channel
- Recruiting and managing partner eco-system
- Generating revenues and finding sales opportunities through partnerships
- Getting involved in strategic partnerships which could accelerate scale up of the company's revenue
- Market analysis of the Seldon eco system for partners and channels
- Leadership team collaboration, with Board when appropriate
- Influencing and building credibility as a trusted advisor to the sales and marketing team, with industry experts and directly with customers and partners
- Improve a highly-scalable light touch customer journey for our partners.
- Streamline the partner journey from potentially open-source community adopter, then evangelist, to enterprise consultant.
What you will be judged on
- Increased revenue form third parties
- Increased presence and credibility with industry analysts
- Increased revenues through third parties
- Increase in sales opportunities generated through indirect channels
- Increased presence and credibility within Seldon's chosen sectors
- Recognised as a trusted, collaborator to the sales team on defining clear growth strategy
Who we are looking for
- Successfully scaled a software businesses indirect channel revenues
- Track record of partner acquisition, education and retention
- Been part of an early-stage, fast growing, agile culture
- Proven track record of evangelising and converting alliance and channel partners
- Strong network within the software and SI markets
- Experience of GTM for open-source
- Managing a small team
- Technical understanding of the tech stack (dev ops, ML, cloud/enterprise infrastructure)
What you need to be great at
- Persuasive influencer; builds rapport and trust, highly presentable with good communication and interpersonal skills across a number of stakeholder groups
- High EQ with great listening skills, asks great questions, motivation to understand the needs and wants of others
- Problem solving aptitude - able to conduct research to define problems and create solutions. Makes the complex more simple.
- Strategic thinking about continuous improvement
- Leadership and team spirit - a great individual contributor who is more motivated by leading the team to achieve
- Bias to action
- Calculated risk taking
- Constructively tough minded
- Pragmatically inclusive
- Highly adaptable