CLEARANCE: SECRET **This position requires an DoD Secret Clearance active on day one of performance.**
REQUISITION NUMBER: 112117.07-O7p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Budgeting Support Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Budgeting Support Specialist / Subject Matter Expert Level I
LOCATION: Quantico, Virginia
The Agency is requesting suuport as it integrates its financial and program requirements process activities into an enterprise resource managment solution. This work requires data analysis, general ledger reconciliation and validation of account balances; financial statement line item analysis; internal control review and audit support, system integration and user acceptance testing, error handling, and the development of process documentation to support required business process re-engineering efforts.
Services provided will include enhancing operations and prepraring the Agency to assert formal audit readiness, as well as provide: Project Management and Analysis Support, Planning Programming Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) Support, Audit Readiness and Sustainment Support, and Helpdesk Support.
• Bachelor's of Science in Business, Accounting or Finance concentration.
CERTIFICATION(s): Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) AND formal PPBE training.
LABOR CATEGORY / DUTIES:
• Create, submit and defend executable budgets clearly linked to the agency and DoD business transformation and strategic goals.
• Prepare briefing materials/issue papers/point papers/adhoc reports and extracting data from program/budget and acquisition databases to support the analysis.
• Provide planning services to include: providing recommendations and initiatives for Agency Improvements to reduce overall costs, including, but not limited to, Business Case Analysis, cost benefit analysis, and e-business solutions.
• Developing and reviewing future year financial program plans.
• Conducting financial and risk analysis identifying and evaluating financial risks and recommend mitigation strategies to reduce risk exposure.
• Providing analytical assessments, studies and evaluations to improve financial policy development and decision making.
• Preparing cost estimates (for life cycle costs or other activities), as well as perforance risk assessments.
• Programming services to include: reviewing and preparing draft Program Objective Memorandum (POM) guidance documentation; developing Impact Statements; developing financial aspects of Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms).
• Developing background information to justify financial program requirements.
• Developing and preparing draft budget formulation documentation and recommendations in support of the OSD and Congressional Program and Budget processes.
• Preparing and providing recommendations to justify and defend budgets during all required annual and periodic budget submissions.
• Experience shall include:
- 10+ years DoD PPBE experience demonstrating the following: justification preparation, preparation of supplementary budget requests, and reprogramming requests.
- Experience preparing statistical summaries, analyses, and special reports on budget proposals, budget activities, and related matters.
- Experience monitoring and reporting budget execution against the agency's spend plans.
- Workingknowledge of DAI accounting systems for data analysis.
• FIAR and overall Audit Readiness policies/procedures
• Internal Controls, OMB A-123, Manager's Internal Control Program (MICP)
• Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE)
• Accounting and Financial Reporting
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) headquartered in Arlington, VA – and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.