CLEARANCE: SECRET **This position requires an DoD Secret Clearance active on day one of performance.**
REQUISITION NUMBER: 112117.06-O7p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Accounting Support Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Support Specialist / Subject Matter Expert Level I
LOCATION: Quantico, Virginia
The Agency is requesting suuport as it integrates its financial and program requirements process activities into an enterprise resource managment solution. This work requires data analysis, general ledger reconciliation and validation of account balances; financial statement line item analysis; internal control review and audit support, system integration and user acceptance testing, error handling, and the development of process documentation to support required business process re-engineering efforts.
Services provided will include enhancing operations and prepraring the Agency to assert formal audit readiness, as well as provide: Project Management and Analysis Support, Planning Programming Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) Support, Audit Readiness and Sustainment Support, and Helpdesk Support.
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
CERTIFICATION(s): CPA, Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM), Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
LABOR CATEGORY / DUTIES:
• Assist with maintenance of accounting standards, processes, and requirements, and shall support the implementation and proper maintenance of the agency’s accounting system.
• Provide support for the examination, analysis, and interpretation of accounting data, records, and reports to ensure transactions have posted accurately, timely, and completely to the agency.
• Perform financial reconciliations statements to develop and deliver financial reports and documentation that provide information for planning, formulating policy, determining root cause and corrective actions and evaluating financial performance.
• Maintaining and supporting financial management information systems; collecting, monitoring and analyzing obligation/expenditure information from the source (contractor or government activity) and official and/or unofficial accounting records or systems.
• Assist in resolving problem disbursements; providing reconciliation for the Unmatched Disbursements (UMDs) open document listings, Tri-Annual Review (TAR), contract closeout and negative un-liquidated obligations (NULO’s); and providing analyses of contractual financial execution.
• Perform financial statement trend analysis and verify footnotes for accuracy and completeness.
• Support in facilitating financially related Integrated Process Teams (IPTs), special advisory boards, off-sites, working groups, and audit teams.
• Experience shall include:
- Experience with the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) accounting system.
- USSGL experience and the ability to produce, analyze and interpret accounting reports including but not limited to financial statements, related foot notes, SF133s, 1002 AR reports etc.
- 5-8 years of DoD accounting experience.
- Experience working with DFAS systems such as DDRS-B, DDRS-AFS, CEDMS
- Expert level experience with Excel and Access databases.
- 5-8 years experience resolving/analyzing accounting reports and data anomalies related to Unmatched disbursements (UMDs), Unliquidated Obligations (ULOs), Negative Unliquidated Obligations (NULOs), Tri-Annual Review (TAR), Qualitative Drill Downs (QDD) and Financial Statement reconciliations.
• FIAR and overall Audit Readiness policies/procedures
• Internal Controls, OMB A-123, Manager's Internal Control Program (MICP)
• Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE)
• OMB A-136 and Federal Accounting Standards
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) headquartered in Arlington, VA – and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.