CLEARANCE: SECRET **This position requires an DoD Secret Clearance active on day one of performance.**
REQUISITION NUMBER: 112117.04-O7p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Internal Controls over Financial Systems Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Internal Controls over Financial Systems Specialist / Subject Matter Expert Level I
LOCATION: Quantico, Virginia
The Agency is requesting suuport as it integrates its financial and program requirements process activities into an enterprise resource managment solution. This work requires data analysis, general ledger reconciliation and validation of account balances; financial statement line item analysis; internal control review and audit support, system integration and user acceptance testing, error handling, and the development of process documentation to support required business process re-engineering efforts.
Services provided will include enhancing operations and prepraring the Agency to assert formal audit readiness, as well as provide: Project Management and Analysis Support, Planning Programming Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) Support, Audit Readiness and Sustainment Support, and Helpdesk Support.
• Bachelor's of Science degree in Management of Information Systems.
CERTIFICATION(s): Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) (preferred), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
LABOR CATEGORY / DUTIES:
• Support Audit Readiness efforts and provide support to Financial Systems needs.
• Determine whether FISCAM control activities and techniques address the key internal controls over financial reporting risk areas and conducting an assessment in accordance with FMFIA Internal Controls over Financial Systems and developing an ICOFS Plan.
• Addressing key risk areas for financial reporting and audit readiness efforts.
• Per DoD Instruction 5010.40, the Agency is also required to report, as part of their Statement of Assurance (SOA), whether financial systems comply with the requirements of FMFIA, also known as Internal Controls over Systems (ICOFS).
• Incorporate an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program to manage, mitigate and report risks across each agency assessable unit.
• Ensure that the Agency's ERM process is strategically applied across the enterprise, at every level and unit, and includes taking an entity-level portfolio view of risk.
• Identify probability of potential adverse events which if they occur will affect the entity, and provide reasonable assurance to an entity’s management and board of directors to manage risk within its risk appetite.
• Experience shall include:
- 3-5 Years experience of Actual Yellow Book audits.
- 5-8 Years DoD systems AuR experience.
- Experience with the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) accounting system or Oracle based accounting system.
• FIAR and overall Audit Readiness policies/procedures
• Internal Controls, OMB A-123, Manager's Internal Control Program (MICP), FISCAM, Internal Controls Over Financial Systems (ICOFS)
• Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE)
• Accounting and Financial Reporting
Founded in 2011, Sehlke Consulting is a rapidly-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) headquartered in Arlington, VA – and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.