CLEARANCE: SECRET **This position requires a Secret Clearance (with DHS suitability)active on day one of performance.**
REQUISITION NUMBER: 112717.05-H4p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Program Management/ SME
POSITION TITLE: PMO Subject Matter Expert
LOCATION: Washington, DC
Our DHS Sector has upcoming requirements for staff to provide IT program and business process improvement services for a large DHS component. The Program Management SME plans, supports and provides advisor/contributions in complex and critical efforts which include specific functional, technical, professional or policy areas of the project. Key responsibilities include: Investigating or identifying business, scientific, technology, engineering, operational, professional and/or policy issues; conducting analysis of these issues; and providing advice in support of major programs/projects.
• Bachelor's Degree
LABOR CATEGORY / DUTIES:
• Work in collaboration with and in support of the Senior Program Management.
• Develop and maintain an OIT Engagement and Program Dashboard, which includes reviewing current application and making appropriate changes, that provides information at an executive level identifying program and project risk, schedule, dependencies, milestones and status.
• Coordinate with OIT program managers in the final and crosswalk activities of program/project briefings, schedules, and communication and implementation plans.
• Develop communication strategy in support of OIT engagement initiatives.
• Provide recommendations on the improvement of organizational deliverables.
• Assist in the determination and execution of processes that streamline business operations processes across the organization based on guidance received from executive level leadership.
• Assist executives as needed in defining and implementing a solution for improving the internal and external communication process.
• Engage with OIT stakeholders (both public and private sector) to support process and product improvement.
• Identify, recommend, and implement best practices and quality assurance in support of OIT executive functions and opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency in the areas such as Customer Satisfaction and Stakeholder Management (Best practices are defined as process improvements that are incorporated into daily operating routines within OIT without a negative performance impact upon implementation).
• Support and conduct facilitated workshops, interviews, or meetings with stakeholders to assist with aligning goals, objectives, strategies, business functions, processes, and/or information requirements with OIT products and strategic objectives.
• 4 years of related experience.
• Business process analysis experience in a federal agency IT environment.
• 6 years of related experience.