CLEARANCE: **Candidates must have or have the ability to obtain DHS or DHS component level suitability**
REQUISITION NUMBER: 112717.04-H4p
FUNCTIONAL / LABOR CATEGORY: Program Management/ SME III
POSITION TITLE: PMO SME
LOCATION: Washington, DC
Our DHS Sector has upcoming requirements for staff to provide IT program and business process improvement services for a large DHS component. The Program Management SME serves as a senior advisor to customer’s executive management team in a variety of capacities. Key responsibilities include: Providing advice and expertise in competitive sourcing, outsourcing methods, conducting value chain analysis, strategic planning and process improvement methods, change enablement and management, site- selection, and consolidation of operations. May serve as point of contact with DHS CORs/Task Manager.
• Bachelor's Degree/ Master's Degree Preferred
LABOR CATEGORY / DUTIES:
• Develop and maintain an OIT Engagement and Program Dashboard, which includes reviewing current application and making appropriate changes, that provides information at an executive level identifying program and project risk, schedule, dependencies, milestones and status.
• Coordinate with OIT program managers in the final and crosswalk activities of program/project briefings, schedules, and communication and implementation plans.
• Develop communication strategy in support of OIT engagement initiatives.
• Provide recommendations on the improvement of organizational deliverables.
• Assist in the determination and execution of processes that streamline business operations processes across the organization based on guidance received from executive level leadership.
• Assist executives as needed in defining and implementing a solution for improving the internal and external communication process.
• Engage with OIT stakeholders (both public and private sector) to support process and product improvement.
• Identify, recommend, and implement best practices and quality assurance in support of OIT executive functions and opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency in the areas such as Customer Satisfaction and Stakeholder Management (Best practices are defined as process improvements that are incorporated into daily operating routines within OIT without a negative performance impact upon implementation).
• Support and conduct facilitated workshops, interviews, or meetings with stakeholders to assist with aligning goals, objectives, strategies, business functions, processes, and/or information requirements with OIT products and strategic objectives.
• 12 years of professional experience.
• 6 years of related experience.
• Business process analysis experience in a federal agency IT environment.
• 8 years of related experience.